Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    Should be a great truck - nice find! Let us know how it's working.

I like the Cummins a little better but that Navistar should be excellent, too.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; September 22, 2011, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I really like that body truck. The seat is not the most comfortable if are going to be attached to it for more than a few hours at a time I would look for buckets or try to find out if a later model seat will fit. But over all that a great price for a tow rig! I have never used a gooseneck, it does reduce what you can put in the bed while you are towing.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I HATE YOU!
    In the most best kind of way of course - good lord - where's the rust?
    That interior is exactly like my '92 f350 crew long 2wd, but it only had a 351w/c6.

There are a crapton of 7.3 specific websites to spend hours on learning about that engine - there's a ton that can be done to it if you want to and a ton of helpful folks there to help if you have an issue.

keep the oil, oil filter, and fuel filters changed regularly - add some atf to the fuel occasionally to help the injectors and pump deal with the low lubricty sulfurless fuel, and make sure to add some coolant additive (FSA) to the system once a year or so.

Prodigy brake controllers rule.

Gooseneck lowboy's are sweet as hell if you can find one - turning radius improvements are huge, and the ride improvement will be enormous.

Looks like you might want to start shopping for a new seat - or - pull the covers off that seat - fix the springs and put a piece of paneling between the springs and foam to get it back into shape.

Leave a comment:

• Mater
    replied
    not bad keep a cam sensor in the glove box. ford has revised itmany times and it still fails fairly quickly

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    nice looking truck. best part is you can rebuild it down to its lug nuts and still be in it less than 25% of a similar new truck.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    started a topic Hillbilly Hauler, or.. my first diesel

Hillbilly Hauler, or.. my first diesel

So I got a wild hare after pulling my FSB with the Lightning - I love that truck, but I really don't want to put it through another 12,000 miles of towing. My nemesis, craigslist, comes up with this 2488.00 beauty of a 1997 F250 Power Stroke:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1FTHF25F8VEC14528_12-Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	877962

Name:	1FTHF25F8VEC14528_14-Copy.jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	877963

Name:	1FTHF25F8VEC14528_23-Copy.jpg
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	877964

Name:	1FTHF25F8VEC14528_25-Copy.jpg
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	877965

It drives about like any 250,000 mile truck, maybe a little better. It got a gooseneck and brake controller. I'm thinking about trading my trailer for a lowboy gooseneck. What do y'all think?
Working...
X