08 Mustang GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 08 Mustang GT

I don't have the ability to post pics right now but I wanted to share what I did tonight.

As many know my 99 Ram DD's trans dies and I traded it in for an 08 GT.

Never really been a Ford guy but I dig this car. It has GT500 rims, a Pypes mid muffler system with X pipe but other wise that's it. I don't really want to eff with it too much but would like to change a few things cosmeticaly.

Being a on a tight budget and being a tight wad forces me to find alternatives to buying expensive parts off the shelf.

I wanted to black out the front lights but the cost is way out of reach for all the smoked lenses. So after some internet searching I found a guy on e-bay that sells a tint kit for the car.

So tonight, armed with a credit card, a spray bottle with soap and a heat gun I installed the tint. It looks great...right now. We will see what happens after it is left to sit and cure.

Toatal investment - 27 dollars.

I will put up some pics on Monday of the results if they don't shrink and bubble up.
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I love the tint on my car, but I paid to have someone do it - I just don't have the skills to do the curved back window... was really cheap to have done.... by a Russian. Are they the new window-tinters?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I think he tinted a set of the front headlights, if not all.
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Yes, I tinted the head lights, I am going to go check it out and see how it turned out. I think I have a problem area but I hope not....I really liked the way it looked last night.
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

a poor shot but you get the idea, there are a few bubbles in the center lights that showed up over night but the headlights are flawless. Hind sight being 20/20 I would have removed them and done it then reinstalled...but.

Comment

I hate you!
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I would have gone with 4.10 gears , but hey . your car is nicer than a cavalier

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                I hate you!
                Whys that? You like her? you want her? well you tuff cuz shes mine and you cant have her lol.

Like I said,I love this car. It is a well put together car, it feels tight no rattles and squeeks. Nothing feels cheap. The only thing I do not like is the front grill. The shape and design is not only ugly but is a MFer to keep clean.

I want so badly to lower it. The Springs from Ford racing are affordable and have good reviews. at less than 200 shipped a bargain compared to other springs out there.
                Last edited by JOES66FURY; October 4, 2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Hey, good luck with it! That has the 3 valve motor right? I remember my first V8 Mustang. It was an 85, 5.0 LX. I was driving a Merc Lynx RS, think it was a 84 EFI. Anyway after driving 4 cyls for years, that 5.0 was like crack. One test drive and I was hooked. I think I scared the shit out of the salesman on the test drive *LOL* Even he got a ticket with it a few days before with it.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

yup the 3v started in 05
                    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Looks good Joe (Gotta love white Mustangs ;) )

Stick or auto? a SCT Tuner will really wake up the car, and if its a stick swap out for a nice hurst shifter.
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

it is a stick and I was going to get the shifter in Julybut had to pay the vet bills for the dog when he died so....but that is still in the plans.

It is pretty peppy as it sits and the mileage is real good so I dunno if I want to spend money and lose mileage and not get that much more performance.

Comment

Shifter feels sooo much better.

Ive got a few friend with those GT's. My favorite is one with a 8psi Turbo kit. sooo much fun.
                          Local person
                          sigpic

Comment

anyone want to donte to the "turbo charge Joes Mustang" fund?

Last edited by JOES66FURY; October 6, 2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Turbos are FUN!

But I recommend a turbonetics ;)

400/443 @8psi, through an auto- only other mods are gutted cats(too much heat), and axlebacks. she loves it.
                              Last edited by RustyRodder; October 10, 2011, 10:26 AM.
                              Local person
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X