Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout..

Hey guys.. Long time, no see..
    'Just stopping by with a progress pic of the Camaro -now that it's looking a lot more like one!
    It's looking great and thought that you may want to see it, as many of you had seen it's earlier progress on the HRM forum since '04 (or was it ealier than that?).. The resto is now in it's 9th year (of Sundays) and yes, it will be done before it makes it's 10th.
    Very exciting!

The few things that still need doing are install and adjust the side glass, fit the front and rear glass, fit the rest of the interior and then all those little fidly things that you either forgot about or go un-noticed, yet, seem to take up the most time.

I've been hanging out on a local USMuscle forum and my build up thread has almost made 80 pages. A lot of chat, but heaps of pics.. Here is the link if you are interested.. http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=2840

Hope you all are well..

Last edited by BlackoutSteve; October 8, 2011, 06:00 PM.

Glad to see ya stop by, mate! Hang around for a bit, you've been missed here.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Good to see you again. The car looks great! I was wondering how the camaro was coming.
      Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Wow! That thing is STRAIGHT! My body work is about as straight as a guy wearing the lycra body suit in San Fran and speaking with a lisp. That means someone has LOTS of time in that body, its making me drool like a Bloodhound Rottweiler mix.

Comment

Hey Steve, good to see you back! We miss your rolling burnout videos!! LOL

Car is looking fantastic, well done.

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

car looks AWESOME!

Comment

wow i am one that is trired of 69 camaros but i realy like that one looks nice

i think it;s the fact that it is only a coupe not a SS or Z28
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Steve - GREAT to hear from you. The car looks great as well. Don't be a stranger!

Dan

Comment

Stever, the car looks amazing, very nice work. Good to hear you're still alive and kickin' hope all is well.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That is cool, I checked out your link for a few minutes and it's amazing to see what that car started like.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Steve!

Car looks great- I remember when you were first tearing it down...

Hot damn, Im old.
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

Damn that looks awesome...even if the steering wheel is on the wrong side. *LOL*
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Actually, that "steering wheel on the wrong side" part is what impresses me the most. I guess you just flip the dash over and..... nope, that won't work. I have no clue where to even start on that deal. And where do you get a RHD steering wheel made?

Dan

Comment

Thanks guys..
                            The steering conversion was the biggest part of the resto. It had already been (mostly) converted to RHD when I bought the car in '92, and it would have actually been easier to return it to LHD as opposed to "repair" the original hack-job, which wasn't a repair at all, as it turned out to be a complete reconversion. ..or more like a mechanical exorcism really.

Here are a few pics of the conversion (with heaps of missing progressional pics).
                            The subframe. (This subframe came from Jim's (Sqirrell's) yard.)

The firewall.

The dash. (Dash pad not done yet, but soon!)

The engine. Well, not part of the conversion, but it's a nice pic just the same. (454, 12:1, mech roller ~600-ish)

Together.. (With the factory underhoods lamps -to aid in late night, roadside tuning.)

..and where's TC these days? Thanks a heap to Alex for his help in (efficiently) getting various bits and pieces to me as well.

Comment

He doesn't stray far. From time to time he say's you're doing well
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X