'95 Cutlass sacraficial winter beater. some assembly required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 Cutlass sacraficial winter beater. some assembly required

friend called me and asked if i wanted his old car for $200. i figured worse case senario with the price of scrap i can at least make my money back.

it is a 95 cutlass supream SL fully loaded. heated leather seats, digital climate controle, working A/C, consol shift, premium sound system, only had 96,000 miles

the bad and why he wanted it gone the rear frame rails rusted away and the rear trailing arms detached from the car. so i am going to take a page out of thumpin's book and rebuild the rear frame of the car and weld on 2nd gen w-body trailing arm barackets and use this as the sacrife tot he rock salt ninjas

Click image for larger version

Name:	cutlass1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	878017

Name:	cutlass2.jpg
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	878018

Name:	cutlass3.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	878019

Name:	cutlass5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	878020

Name:	cutlass4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	878021

Name:	cutlass6.jpg
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	878022
    Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

after winter i am eather going to list it for sale at $1200 or give it to my brother for his first car. if i sell it i can use that moeny twards the lebaron.

fixing this car should not be hard becuase a lot of parts fromt he 2nd gens swap over and i have the GTX parts car that is will to give it's metal up. weather it wants to or not
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

"Rock salt Ninjas"...
      Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

I've taken to calling it the "Sodium gods" or perhaps "Rust Gnomes" would work well too. Lovely how they salt everything up here, isnt it? People in the south are lucky because they can drive their hotrod or toy all year, we could if we want a pile of rust in a couple years.

How bad is it rusted under there? Hopefully there is enough to weld to.

Comment

Need undercarriage pics! Great project, though. And (as they used to say on TV) "The Price is Right!"

Dan

Comment

have not gotten to my house yet but the quick look i took i only saw rust on the frame the rockers even looked solid

when i get it home i will though it on some stands and take some pics. the GTX needs to get sent to the scrap fist so i have room

Comment

The GTX? I don't think I've seen pics for that...

Comment

it was the black 4dr

SLP GTX convertion the hood is missing becuase it was in an accident in 07 and the hood was out of production so it was turned back into a GTP

Comment

Oh, okay. You taking anything off/out of it before you sacrifice it to the scrap gods?

Comment

i gutted most of it

Comment

Cool! I must've missed it in another thread.

Comment

yeah it had it's own thread

Comment

some small updates started digging into the options of the car a bit found out it is a series IV trim level (olds got a got lazy on trim level they went form sereis 1 base up to sereis IV fully loaded) RPO 1SD also found out in 95 only 1200(1700 total adding in coupe and convertible) 1SD sedans where built do to the fact GM switched plants and moved to fairfax early in the production run and did not have all the parts moved over yet so they only had so many leather interiors and digital A/C units at the plant

so that is neat adds no value to the car at all becuase the following year 96 modle year the series IV 1SD cars sold vary well becuase of the back order on them

traded the rims off of the GTX for these. no idea what searies the rims are but they are american racing 16x7 with a 144mm back space. little more back space then the stockers so they will fill in the fender better

Name:	cutlass rim.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	858094

Comment

To bad you can not keep the GTX until after the olds is fixed never know what parts you might need. Did you take the air bags out of the parts car? I would think you could sell those.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

nope did not even think of it the passenger one is corroded on the back becase of a windsheild leak no not even sure if that one would work

and every part i can use on the cutlass is removed. even took off the fenders and hood to use as patch panels (wish i had a truck bed side)

Comment

Working...
                              X