Ugly mini blown 1970 Camaro RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly mini blown 1970 Camaro RS

Here's the story, got the car from my parents when I was a teenager 10 years ago after I almost died. Helped me keep my mind off of things.....

Built a mild vortec headed roller cam'd 350, headers, 3" x-pipe exhaust, 700r4, suspension setup for cornering. Got it to run a best of 13.1 with me in it. Whittled that down to 12.6 with a much lighter buddy driving it.

Somewhere along the line the stock hood came off and a 2.5" fiberglass cowl hood installed. Then on a whim the fenders were replaced with fiberglass pieces and the doors are power window, power lock doors from a fully optioned '78 parts car.

I installed a home-brewed p600b blow through supercharger setup. Toasted the motor in a week at 7lbs of boost from running too much timing. Sold the supercharger setup for $1400 and used that money to buy a very used solid roller 427 BBC that pushed a full weight Chevelle to high 10s. Traded that for a freshly built, never fired, low compression 454 BBC with 781 oval ports from the 427 BBC's origional owner. He said he wanted it back for sentimental reasons. Same day I found a deal on a B&M 177 supercharger with a 850 dp carb and Mr Gasket street scoop for $1500. Between the aluminum water pump, 304 degree .550 lift hyd flat tappet cam, roller rockers, headers, timing chain, mallory comp 9000 dist, taylor wires and other assorted bits I've put another $1,000 into it.

All I have left is to wait for some time off from work after I get married next week. Then its a new battery, a little bit of wiring that needs to be re-done before everything bursts into flames, and the 3" x-pipes that run into spin-tech mufflers with side exits needs to be modified to fit with the big-block setup now....although open headers are fun. The car is at my future father in-laws house right now and I'm sure the neighbors love me when I go to visit my car....I mean my inlaws.

1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Re: Ugly mini blown 1970 Camaro RS

Great project! It's cool how our passions can help heal us - I know mine has.

Keep it up!

Dan

Comment

Dude...that thing must scare old ladies and make little kids cry.

I FRIGGIN' LOVE IT!

Mean looking piece. I'm sure that little huffer makes all the right noises when you are laying the lumber to it.

Don't paint it either....no matter what Stokes says. That car is the guy in the corner of the bar that NO ONE wants to fight.

Me likey.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian is right, that camaro is the homeless looking guy in the corner no one knows where he came from or what he is doing but you just get that sense he is a bad muther f*ucker

Comment

Awesome car. Nothing like a little horsepower to keep your head straight

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Dude...that thing must scare old ladies and make little kids cry.

I FRIGGIN' LOVE IT!

Mean looking piece. I'm sure that little huffer makes all the right noises when you are laying the lumber to it.

Don't paint it either....no matter what Stokes says. That car is the guy in the corner of the bar that NO ONE wants to fight.

Me likey.

Brian
            You hit it on the head. At one point I stood at a fork in the road with enough money to make it pretty, or make it fast. So I took the third option and am trying to make it as scary as possible. I do think it would be better all in flat black though....maybe with spray-paint streaky goodness?
            1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
            1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Just like my Impala. I don't bother stopping for people in cross walks anymore because they refuse to cross in front of me and my car when I do. I guess they think I'll dump the clutch and mow them down once they are in front of me.

By the way. Your car is beautiful.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I love it!

Keep with it, that thing will cure you... ;D

Comment

The best way to prevent jaywalking is to tear up some shirts and pants and tie the torn shards into the grille of the car.

Most people get the hint.

Brian

Comment

I like the look of this one. Not EVERY car needs paint!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      The best way to prevent jaywalking is to tear up some shirts and pants and tie the torn shards into the grille of the car.

Most people get the hint.

Brian
                      LMAO!!! You got me again Brian,wiping coffee off the screen...

1970camaroRS, the car looks fine to me, big fun ;D LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!

Comment

That thing is too cool...lots of character.....LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS!!!!!!!
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

The flat black thing is cool, Reb's car proves that point.

BUT

Nothing says, "That car is bat-shit crazy" like mismatched body panels.

Rainbows are black, grey, and kinda yellow in my world.

PS...Dan if you come to Memphis for the PGD you get to hear this crap LIVE!

Brian

Comment

Thats my kind of Camaro

Comment

That car looks like it eats kittens. Pure Evil.

I wouldn't even put a hood on it. Let alone flat black paint, and I LOVE FLAT BLACK.

Driving that car makes you pretty much the baddest MF on the road. Leave it loud and brutal as it is the purest form.

Please keep us updated.

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X