Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ugly mini blown 1970 Camaro RS

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
    That car looks like it eats kittens. Pure Evil.

I wouldn't even put a hood on it. Let alone flat black paint, and I LOVE FLAT BLACK.

Driving that car makes you pretty much the baddest MF on the road. Leave it loud and brutal as it is the purest form.

Please keep us updated.

Seth
    I cut the 2.5" pin-on cowl hood, but I hate how high the scoop sits over the hood. I might get a taller hood because I want the butterflys to be 1/2 exposed, and I can also alter the scoop base to lower it a bit....but I have also given thought to the idea of no hood at all. Afterall, that's the only way I've driven it since the swap. Nothing like watching the motor work.

Here's another surprise, it handles really well. The 550lb lowering springs, gigantic front sway bar and z28 rear springs work just as well with the BBC as they did with the SBC. I'm thinking about ditching the slapper bars, adding a rear sway bar and slide-a-links. Also under consideration is swapping the 15" steel cragars for 17" black steel cragars (like $60 a piece!) for some more corner-carving prowess. There are a bunch of auto-x events around here and I thought it would be fun to beat the tar out of some imports with a blown big block...

P.S. How long do you think I can go without sub-frame connectors? (I know the answer, just figured I'd ask anyway)
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

I like the wheel idea as long as you stick with steelies.

As far as the SFC's. Not long. Better to be safe than sorry. Besides they will really help out if you autocross the car.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

This car is wicked. Love it. One idea for the hood, saw this on a feature '55 Bel Air years ago, cut the center out of the hood, so you have between 6"-8" of hood around the opening. Just thought that looked awesome.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
          I like the wheel idea as long as you stick with steelies.
          First off I want to say, THIS IS NOT MY CAR in the following picture, I just happened to find another 2nd gen that is running 17" steel cragar soft 8s. What do you think? Wicked, eh?

and if you want to learn more about this car in particular, which is insane, look here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112676

*** EDIT ***

Found another pic of these wheels.

Comment

Definitely like the wheels, keep em black.
            sigpic

Comment

Those look awesome 8)

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Here's a video of me starting it up. Boy it sure is cold blooded. Loud too with the open headers.

Comment

very cool car. makes me want another 70-73 camaro.

Comment

LOVE IT
                    go to superchevy/goodguys/yearone shows just the way it is
                    I had a beautiful painted nova and it got scratched all the time

Comment

Working...
                    X