No announcement yet.

AMC Gremlin vintage road racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can send a registered letter to the last title holder and see.. But if no seral nbr on the car, may be difficult ..

Comment

The states that I've lived in the DMV (or Secretary of State in MI) will send a letter to the last owner of record to see if they have any remaining interest in the car. If not, new title is on the way. Of course there's a charge for that but I don't remember it being too much. But like DB said, if there's no SN you'll probably have to go a different way like maybe titling it as "assembled" like a dune buggy. Or an International - hey, that worked for Yannick!

Dan

Comment

At any moment in time it seems there is a '74 gremlin for sale for between $400 and $2,500 dollars with a clear title. In my mind it's no different than buying a Dynacorn shell and putting the vin from a rusted out Junker on it.
        I'll probably just pick up a cheap one day as I could use extra parts anyway.
        The extent of licensing this would be to drive it into a local car show, or just goof around a little bit during vintage race events. It certainly wouldn't be used as a power tour ride or anything like that, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
          It certainly wouldn't be used as a power tour ride or anything like that, LOL.

​I see it has a full cage, I vote Drag Week.

Comment

Originally posted by Admirall2 View Post
            ​I see it has a full cage, I vote Drag Week.
            Already set up as a road racer, plus Mike is a road racer at heart... (I think, for some reason.. Bikes?)

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
              In my mind it's no different than buying a Dynacorn shell and putting the vin from a rusted out Junker on it.

I'm a dust-to-dust kind of person - by the time the car is dust, nothing substantial remains of the car. I appreciate art, and the Mona Lisa smile is pretty weird, but what's the point of some picture of some chick smiling at you (or dude if you believe it was a self-portrait)? VIN swapping to a dynacorn body isn't any kind of deal to me because there's still only one 69 Camaro, Fastback Mustang, or shoebox chevy under that VIN number. Plus, it's not like the VIN donor is going to miss it - as I've yet to see anyone swap a VIN from a pristine car. Once a VIN is resurrected, the car is far more likely to be driven in an appropriate manner and will never have the feel of someone wiping it with a diaper....

and... if we don't resurrect the VIN, it goes to dust and there is one less of that car available for the enthusiasts.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Well said SBG!
                Came by this picture a while back, I love it.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mike343sharpstick; August 27, 2014, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Well said SBG!
                  Sophistry...he has it, which comes in really handy for the day job I imagine.

Comment

Working...
                  X