Mary's 40 Ford coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earl will need more than that!
    The old girl is getting close to start up. Got the differential to a buddy to change the ring and pinion for a lower ratio, should have it back Monday or Tuesday. Still waiting on headers, and the distributor to come in..........after the headers are installed I can run the transmission oil cooler lines, then start filling up the fluids. I have a long trip coming in the next week or so, and the yard is calling......hopefully more news soon. If it doesn't work out before I hit the road again, it will be start up time near the end of the month. Maybelline may have to wait on Cruisin' The Coast for her first real road trip.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Looking forward to meeting her again at either event

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Looking forward to meeting her again at either event
        Yeah, she speaks fondly of you, Willow and especially Darth Vader.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Got the gears changed in the 9", all put back together and the driveshaft installed. Did some creative work with a 4" flap wheel and relieved the engine-mount to header clearance problem, radiator hoses made and installed..........
          Still need to make the tranny oil cooler lines and build the ignition wiring system, wire the coil, fill the fluids, pre-oil it and.........hopefully she'll run in the next couple of weeks. More to come.
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 12, 2018, 02:34 AM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            Got the gears changed in the 9", all put back together and the driveshaft installed. Did some creative work with a 4" flap wheel and relieved the engine-mount to header clearance problem, radiator hoses made and installed..........
            Still need to make the tranny oil cooler lines and build the ignition wiring system, wire the coil, fill the fluids, pre-oil it and.........hopefully she'll run in the next couple of weeks. More to come.
            Awesome! When I grow up I want to be bad ass as you!
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• I guess I've got you buffalo'd Greg!
              Here's where it's at:

Hope it runs as good as it looks. Modest, aren't I?
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Double sweet!
                Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Looking Good!

Comment

• Thanks for the pictures, really is coming along nicely.
                    Cheers
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

• She's alive!
                      I'm a Cheviy guy. I don't know much at all about Fords, and have been given some very good advice along the way by some very savvy folks.
                      I know several really good Ford guys right here on BangShift, and any one of them would have gladly helped, but one of them had asked to be in on the initial startup years ago when he first saw the pictures of this project. So I called Norb (cjcyclone) and asked if he had a day or two to help me sort it out. In typical fashion, he loaded up Terri in their Torino and came the next day, ready to work.
                      After a couple of hiccups, due to my inattention.........., she fired right up. Some small stuff to sort out yet, but here's the taxi back into the garage after adjusting the TV cable. I can't thank Norb enough, or you guys that have helped me along the way. Thanks everybody.

I used some of Earl's castoff exhaust tubes just below the headers, and the one on the passenger side drags, thus the 2 X 6s to provide a little more clearance. Please ignore the alignment.............hahahaha.

Now the real work begins....more to come.
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 14, 2018, 04:50 PM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• THAT makes me smile, too! See, Fords can get the job done, too.

Dan

Comment

• I wondered how long it would be .... Loving it!
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• That oughta keep you smiling for awhile!

Comment

• Very cool! Now get some exhaust on her so you can take her out on the road for a good test drive!

Comment

• I was on the road for 9 days, and leaving again in the morning for 2 to 4 days. Got some little stuff done, got the choke working, installed the front springs........but had another small victory today. The glass guy came by and we spent the afternoon making her look more like a car than a project. The yellow tape comes off after the silicone glue cures.

In case you didn't know it, trying to build an exhaust system when the car is 18" off the ground is a real pain in the back........
                                More to come.
                                Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 29, 2018, 04:07 PM.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X