No announcement yet.

Mary's 40 Ford coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not yet buddy I haven't went to fight with them again yet. But I've got my lifts ready when it happens. That the good thing about being in the lift business for 30yrs you run across some great deals.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• This is a pretty good discussion guys. Good info. At 71, laying on the garage floor isn't nearly as fun as it used to be, especially the 'getting up' part.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• That's why I got my first hoist. I was about 48 or so and I knew I was losing flexibility at that point and that it would only get worse. That was an in-ground 2-post and was the easiest hoist I ever worked on - no columns beside the car to get in the way. It's still in the floor in the old shop in MI. Can't do an in-ground here as the water table is only about 18". I have a buddy who had a 4 post and he agreed with me - OK but it often got in the way depending on the job. He mostly used it to store one of his cars so it was perfect for him. To each his/her own......

Dan

Comment

• I install the rotary smart lifts they are a two post in ground with a fiberglass vault to keep the water out and protect the lift. The power pack is the same as the above ground so no in ground tank. Like you said Dan in each ones preference. I'm done hacking your thread now Ed.
          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Don't mind the hijack at all. Got some more sage advice out of it.
            PM sent Greg.
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 31, 2018, 09:07 AM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Had a couple of buddies come over tonight to start hanging the front sheet metal. I fully intended to install the hood first, but as it turned out I ordered the wrong shoulder bolts for the hinges and supports.......have 5/16 X 24 on hand, but my hood is really a '39, so it takes 1/4 X 28. I'll call Totally Stainless first thing tomorrow.
              Moved all the parts from the basement out to the garage earlier in the day.

Then prepped the body to help reduce the damage potential.

First fender went on with few problems. Loosely bolted up, using a punch for hole alignment, like all of my real mechanic-type friends do........

All finished in under two hours. I'm pleased with it so far.

No scratches!
              I've got a couple of trips to fly and a week in training, so the old gal has to wait for about 10 days to get her hood installed. Hopefully the proper shoulder bolts will be here by then.
              More to come.
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 4, 2018, 07:18 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Looking very good Ed! Can't wait to see her in her full glory when you have her road ready

Comment

• Look at the big beautiful eyes that gals going to have!

Comment

• Had a productive day in the garage. She has her dentures in now! Will work in resolving a few gaps as the miles pile up because I imagine some shifting will take place, and after all, she is nearly 80.......... All in all, she looks pretty good.
                    More to come.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Lookin GREAT!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Sweet!!!!!!

Comment

• Man this has been a long time coming. I remember when you started this project (on another forum which will remain nameless)

I love green and I do have a particular weakness for a 40 ford front end...probably one of the best looking front ends ever created IMO.

looking good! Can't wait to see it up and running.
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Looks Awesome Ed!!

Love that dark shade of green too! I'm considering using Brewster Green metallic for my 79 TA project - (a color suggested by silver_bullet)
                            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                            79 Trans Am project
                            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
                              Looks Awesome Ed!!

Love that dark shade of green too! I'm considering using Brewster Green metallic for my 79 TA project - (a color suggested by silver_bullet)
                              Yeah, he's pretty good at stuff like that, but not nearly as good as his taste in women...............
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Yeah, he's pretty good at stuff like that, but not nearly as good as his taste in women...............
                                Us men pretty much ALL marry UP. I know I sure did! Ask yourself, "Would I put up with my crap?" The honest answer is probably no.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X