No announcement yet.

Mary's 40 Ford coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fella could work in there! But be prepared for the first oil stain - gravity being what it is it WILL happen. I had to let go of my expectations when that happened.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; November 10, 2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• I had full intentions of sealing the floor before anything goes in there, but cold temps have scuttled that plan. So you're right.............now the challenge will be to get it clean enough to paint in the spring.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Get a good torpedo heater or a drywall heater warm it up and go for it. Wear a good respirator ! Make sure you heat it up a few days to get the sweat out of the concrete. If you use a torpedo heater you can put a thermostat on it I don't know if they make one for a drywall heater or not. Just my input.
        Last edited by pintoboy77; November 10, 2018, 03:10 PM.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• I had high hopes of getting my floor done too, seems the cards are always stacked against that.

I decided against the epoxy floor coating, instead I'm going with a clear concrete sealer, with the smooth finish on the floor, it should look about like polished concrete, most importantly it should be easy to clean and won't chip / peal like epoxy.

The shop looks GREAT ED!
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Ed, very nice shop!
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Thanks guys. If you're ever in the neighborhood, come on over!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Well...........winter has botched up the works somewhat. No culvert, no pad, culvert or driveway, and no electricity yet.
                I am working though, thanks to a heavy-duty extension cord, a light I use for drywall projects, and my trusty propane-fired heater.
                Put up 4 'test' panels of metal. It took a little while to figure out how to work by myself using as 10' ladder and a sheetrock jack that only extends to 11'. Made a riser for it only to find that the metal slides around too much to be safe. Tacked some insulation on the top of it and now the metal stays in place but is maneuverable.
                Putting R-19 in the walls, about 60% complete. Hopefully get that finished this weekend.
                Next week should be interesting. Concrete guy plans to start Monday. Ordered the rest of the ceiling metal. Pick that up Tuesday. I had planned on leaving it on my trailer and parking the trailer inside, but no driveway makes that impossible. I will end up tarping it and delaying that until I can do so.
                More to come.........
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 16, 2018, 09:10 PM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Yeah we've had some pretty crappy weather here lately also hard to get anything done that and working all the time.
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Weekly update on the shop.
                    approach pad is poured and looks pretty good.
                    Wiring is complete.
                    Hanging the ceiling metal. Hard work!
                    Need to power wash it already!

More to come.
                    Last edited by oletrux4evr; November 24, 2018, 05:49 PM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Color me green!

Comment

• Weekly update:
                        We have electricity!!
                        Driveway is poured.

Ceiling is about 25% installed and insulated.

Culvert is inspected and cemented in.

Overall, a very good week. I'm flying until Monday, but work will resume on Tuesday.

More to come.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Awesome Ed!

Comment

• Weekly (or weakly) update. Lift is in, ceiling and lighting is up!

More to come.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• That looks GREAT, Ed! Makes me want to get out and clean up my dump, which is WAY overdue. What brand hoist is that? I like my 2 post but in a perfect world I'd have one of each.

Dan

Comment

• Dan, it's an Advantage lift. SS9000XLT. Big enough for Mary's F150. Not bolted down.....has 'skates' so you can move it around. Runs on 120VAC. Moves pretty slowly, but I like it a lot. Did the first maintenance in the shop today......changed the oil in the Camaro while standing up!

More to come.
                                Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 14, 2018, 05:21 PM.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X