• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super jealous.

Comment

• Nice!!!
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        It's currently running a 400........the 455, or something similar is in it's future.

Been putting the OSB up and finished the corner the compressor will sit in. KILZ primer with latex as a final coat. No sanding! Looks pretty good I think but it's killin' me........sheet rock jack is working pretty good.

More to come.
        Isn't it great two cars taking up one space. Awesome!!!
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

..sheet rock jack is working pretty good.
          Is Sheet Rock Jack your helper? If so, what does he charge and is he willing to come to Coastal NC? I could use ol' Jack for a week or so out in the shop.

Dan

Comment

• I think HF sells a dry wall hoist: https://www.harborfreight.com/drywal...ist-69377.html

-------------------------

Boy, I sure do like that Vista Cruiser. '72 the best IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
              I think HF sells a dry wall hoist: https://www.harborfreight.com/drywal...ist-69377.html

-------------------------

Boy, I sure do like that Vista Cruiser. '72 the best IMO.
              That's the one. Dan, his cousin is available locally. Works for mere peanuts!
              Loren, I really like the '72 too!
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 22, 2018, 05:54 AM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I was looking for a human Jack! I'm old and need a shop guppy.

Dan

Comment

• Thanks for all the posts. I have been following along and am enjoying the progress. Cheers !

A little green myself DTB
                  DTB - RETIRED

Comment

• Thanks to you Dave, I've enjoyed your comments along the way.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Ed, those walls are OSB with primer and paint? Did you caulk the seams? It looks nearly like drywall in the pictures. Well done. I'm going to put what you have on the ceiling on my walls as I did in the old shop, then a soft ceiling so it's not too crazy loud in there. At some point I'll take some pictures, progress has been so slow I haven't taken any pictures
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• OSB with primer and paint. I did not caulk seams, but there are 'growing' gaps here and there that will get caulked. I put the OSB up with the "up side" against the studs, so the smooth moisture barrier side is what shows.
                        Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 27, 2018, 08:49 PM.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Dan, it's an Advantage lift. SS9000XLT. Big enough for Mary's F150. Not bolted down.....has 'skates' so you can move it around. Runs on 120VAC. Moves pretty slowly, but I like it a lot. Did the first maintenance in the shop today......changed the oil in the Camaro while standing up!

More to come.
                          Ed, I really like the way your shop is turning out! I also like that 4 post lift. I didn't know they made one that is "moveable" which is what I really need. I've wanted a 4 post for a while, but can't give up permanent space for one. My shop is 28x48. Enough space for a lift, but not a permanent one as I store our Class C in there along with the cars. A lift that can be shifted off to one side is near perfect.
                          I also like the 'new' wagon! I expect to be driving my 'new' wagon this year instead of the Monte...
                          Happy New Year to You and Mary!
                          John
                          '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                          '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                          79 Trans Am project
                          ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Ed, nice shop!
                            Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

• Fantastic project! I reread the entire thing @0300 today Thanks for sharing, NICE SHOP! can't wait to see the wagon evolve!!!
                              A.K.A. Brian
                              Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

• Thanks guys. Just in the prime/paint stage now. I'll build in Mary's storage room, trim out the windows and doors, then start on some workbench/cabinet stuff. Hopefully I'll be bringing the coupe home sometime soon!
                                Happy New Year!

More to come.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                                X