Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks good!

Comment

• Well, I was starting to take Earl's tailgate, roll pan, and rear trim off for repair and thought I should give you guys a shop update. Won't be long before work will resume on the coupe!

Here's a little sign the kids gave me years ago. Never really had a good place to hang it until now.

I need my engine hoist to take the compressor off the skid. Then I'll plumb it.

Initial workbench. I may add later.

I built it large enough for plenty of room between cars. I could scrunch them up and get 4 in, I think.

Mary's store room. Waiting on the door.......2 X 6 walls and I didn't want to use jamb extensions so I ordered it from a box lumberyard.....

Plenty of room, even for Mary's F150.

I'll trim out the windows and doors when I get my 'stuff' (table saw) out of storage. My dream shop is coming together! More to come.
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 19, 2019, 01:09 PM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Very nice!

Dan

Comment

• That is an excellent workspace. Very jealous over here.

Comment

• Excuse me while I go wash the drool out of my beard...
            Gravel driveway, gravel 2 wall garage with 2 men's tools and crap, dirt floor in the barn that sends out puffs of "flour" every step..
            That shop, I'd live in it!

Comment

• I hear ya Bob. Been there too.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• More shop photos to come, but meanwhile, the Vista Cruiser is getting a little attention. Shocks, wheel bearings and seals, and 2" drop spindles. I sure like working at waist level instead of laying on the floor! It got late tonight, but I'll put more pictures up later.

More to come.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Love my hoist, too! I've had one for 30 years or so and it keeps me doing stuff that I otherwise simply wouldn't do any more.

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; March 12, 2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• OK, to conclude the shop.......here's Mary's store room. 10 X 16, 8' walls, so a 4' mezzanine upstairs.

Here's the finished wagon upgrade.

Before and after.......

Sits pretty well. I thought I'd have to lower the rear 1", but just lowering the front 2" makes the stance pretty nice IMHO. I think I'm through here.
                    More to come.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Ed - everything is looking really nice. How about an update on Maybelline?

Comment

• Got a text from Mike Saturday..........they are nearly finished with her. Scheduled for an alignment on Wednesday, and we'll bring her home Friday, depending on the weather. I'm sure hoping for sunny skies!
                        More to come.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• She's not home yet. Dang rain! Late next week, hopefully.
                          More to come.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Nice day to go to Independence and bring her home!

In her new home.

Lots of details to finish up, but I can finally get back to work on her!
                            More to come.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Excellent!

Comment

• beautiful
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X