X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stunning

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Lots of details to finish up, but I can finally get back to work on her!
      More to come.
      She going to make PowerTour this year?
      Last edited by cstmwgn; April 17, 2019, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• I don't know yet Allen. Still needs the obvious stuff; mirrors, trim, glass, door seals and solenoids, A/C, headlights and a few other small things. The reason for doubt is the transmission.....I'm hoping a shifter adjustment will fix it, but it won't stay in Park, then rachets through the gears without the engine running.........really hope I don't have to open that can of worms up again. I can always update our registration but for now Earl gets the nod.
        More to come.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Ed
          We may want to take this off-line but have your tried taking the cable completely off the lever on the transmission so see if it stays in park better?
          Fords are very sensitive to shifter adjustment and not all shifters work well on fords.

Comment

• Had a 69 Cougar that liked to slip out of P...
            Did it in McD's parking lot and somebody stopped it before it hit the street.
            Weird feeling coming out and car was gone..

Several Ford derby cars liked to slide off the trailer, thus we always blocked the tires.

Comment

• must say Ed, WOW, she looks gorgeous
              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                Ed
                We may want to take this off-line but have your tried taking the cable completely off the lever on the transmission so see if it stays in park better?
                Fords are very sensitive to shifter adjustment and not all shifters work well on fords.
                Haven't got to that part yet, but I'll try that. It's a Lokar shifter, so there are rod ends on both ends. Sure hope that's the problem.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Your project turned out really well, WOW ! Bet "M" can't wait to go cruisin. Thanks for sharing all the great pix. Hope to see you in Cleveland this year, no matter what y'all drive.
                  Cheers,
                  Grinin DTB
                  DTB - RETIRED

Comment

• Thank you Dave, we'll be glad to see you again.
                    Slight progress......mirrors and lights.

More to come.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Looking great!
                      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

• Looks great Ed! Definitely giving me inspiration! I'm just a few years behind ya! hehehe

I was hoping for the Power Tour next year...gonna be tough...

Keep up the good work and let us know how the shifter dilemma works out. BTW - which Lokar shifter/handle combination did you use? I was planning to use one for my wife's '40...

Thanks!

Comment

• Ed this thing is overflowing with class, unreal to think of where you started and where it is now. Wow, words do no justice. This car is simply fantastic. Looking forward to seeing you and the car in person sometime soon! Cheers from the great lake state.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Thanks John. We took her to a small show yesterday......about 30 cars there. Mary won Best of Show, and a Best Beer Hauler award. I was dumbfounded........we had signs on it that said 'under construction' since the door windows and interior are not complete, so I really didn't think the car would be a contender yet. It was kinda nice because the cars weren't judged, they were voted on by participants. Mary's really pleased.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                                Thanks John. We took her to a small show yesterday......about 30 cars there. Mary won Best of Show, and a Best Beer Hauler award. I was dumbfounded........we had signs on it that said 'under construction' since the door windows and interior are not complete, so I really didn't think the car would be a contender yet. It was kinda nice because the cars weren't judged, they were voted on by participants. Mary's really pleased.
                                As it should win! It IS a very sexy car!

Comment

Working...
                                X