No announcement yet.

Mary's 40 Ford coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She'll be done in a few weeks. They are going to leave the seats as they are, improve the fit on the door panels and headliner, then simply finish the interior. I don't want to bird-dog them too much, but I'll post details as I can.
    More to come.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Went by to see how she's coming along today.
      The seats have been finished for a few years already, and so far the shop has the door panels, rear panels, carpet, headliner and sun visors completed. All that remains is the three trunk panels, trunk carpet, kick panels and the shift boot. I just noticed the three vertical stitch lines in the rear panel aren't centered on the quarter windows......think I'll ask them to re-do those. Other than that, looks pretty good, I think.

More to come.
      Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 16, 2021, 06:58 PM.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Lookin' Good!

Comment

• Well, I had a visit with the upholsterer and we temporarily installed the seats. Looks pretty good with them in, and eventually I will probably put a cabinet in the back of the passenger compartment, so we agreed to leave her as is for now.

Looks pretty good, I think.
          More to come.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• It has to feel good being this close to the finish line! It's come a long way from the field!

Comment

• Originally posted by BFXJason View Post
              It has to feel good being this close to the finish line! It's come a long way from the field!
              It's been a long and sometimes complicated trip, for sure. It does feel pretty good to be nearly finished.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• LOOOKIN GOOD !
                Looks like you will get to put some miles on it this summer. Mary sure has been patient.
                Let the Games begin.

Thanks for continuing to post.
                Bob the Builder DTB
                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave the Bartender View Post
                  LOOOKIN GOOD !
                  Looks like you will get to put some miles on it this summer. Mary sure has been patient.
                  Let the Games begin.

Thanks for continuing to post.
                  Bob the Builder DTB
                  Thanks, my friend. She's got about 1,000 miles on the clock so far, but looking forward to many more.
                  So.........what is Bob Building now??
                  Wish we were in the Key West mix, but planning other things this time.
                  Looking forward to seeing you and enjoying some beer and burgers!!
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; March 20, 2021, 05:50 PM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Thanks, my friend. She's got about 1,000 miles on the clock so far, but looking forward to many more.
                    So.........what is Bob Building now??
                    Wish we were in the Key West mix, but planning other things this time.
                    Looking forward to seeing you and enjoying some beer and burgers!!
                    We are downsizing. Sold the house and building a little house . . . that looks like a gas station, kinda. I will try to get a thread goin when some progress is being made. I have the plans so the dreaming is done on that part, so now I am designing the "CrowBar". Hey, if you are DTB ya better have a great bar in your shop. The HandleBar has set the "bar" pretty high in Ole Sopchoppy.

Maybe a better name would be Dave the Dreamer ?
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

• Finished.

Whew.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

• looking good - can't wait to see in person

Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            Finished.

Whew.
                            That's purty
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Looks Fantastic! Congrats!
                              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                              74 Nova Project
                              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                              79 Chevy Truck Project
                              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                              X