57 Wagon Holiday Thrash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Wagon Holiday Thrash

Since I had two 3 day weekends back to back, I took the opportunity to get my wagon project under way. I bought the car about 5 years ago, and drove it around with the original 312 y-block until the blow by into the interior got too bad to tolerate ( cough cough ). I started putting together a .30 over 302 a couple years ago w/ a C4 auto, and here we are! I sold the Y-block and Ford-0-matic to a guy restoring a Ranchero, and now the small block is sitting in it's place....
    Attached Files

nice work! how much monkeying around was required for motor mounts / etc?
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

No monkeying around at all! Bought a kit from Butch's Cool Stuff that makes everything a bolt in. Makes it a lot easier.

Comment

Cool! 2-door or 4-door wagon?
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

It's a 4 door Country Sedan....

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

too cool
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post

Whoa! that's just so cool. Wanna swap for a Mustang?
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post

I LOVE it!! Wouldn't change a thing!
                  58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    Whoa! that's just so cool. Wanna swap for a Mustang?
                    LOL! Already got a Mustang... Thanks though. Going to fit the trans mount and try some headers this weekend. My buddy donated some headers pulled from a 68 Mustang, looks like they might clear everything...

Comment

A little bit about the engine in case anyone is interested. 2-3 years ago I picked up a complete dissasembled 77 302 from someone for my favorite price... Free! Had the block bored .030 (306) and crank ground .010. Got a rebuild kit from Summit (New pistons, rings, bearings, oil pump, gasket set) for something like $250. Got a Lunati Bracketmaster II camshaft and lifters, Comp Cams Magnum roller rockers, and I had a set of freshly rebuilt 68 302 heads already, got a swap meet Performer RPM manifold, and a QFT 650 double pumper from Ebay, although I may just use a Holley 600 I have instead. Transmission is a fresh 66 C4 with a TCI Streetfighter converter I had from the Mustang. So, really, I have not had to lay out much money at all so far, which is cool! Like everyone else, money's a little tight now days. I'm hoping to have this up and running in a couple of months. One issue I have is the gas tank. It leaks if you fill it past half tank, so I'm gonna need somebody to fix it. Any suggestions in the So Cal area?

Comment

POR 15 gas tank coating works wonders on leaks. You'd have to find a brave soul to weld on an old gas tank
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Do you know where it leaks at? If all it needs is a rubber filler tube hose, or if it's leaking from a seam. Most radiator shops can fix a tank, lot's of similarities to working on a radiator. If they dont purge the tank with argon or some other innert gas, go for a walk when they start welding and brazing.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I thought about the POR 15 solution. Thing is, I don't know where it leaks from so I'm going to have to drop the tank and look. Maybe it's just a rubber part that leaks, that would make me happy...

Comment

Mine leaked when I would fill it up...New fuel system front to back...wondered WTF...got under the car and found the vent tube was not as tight as it should be so I got some new runner line with a smaller ID and it fixed it up fine...
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X