Newbie- One Mope, One old GM, one new GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie- One Mope, One old GM, one new GM

Glad to be here. Name's actually Bryan, but for almost ten years now I've been Remy-Z to the car sites. I tend to stick out of the crowd by finding the most obscure, odd cars nobody seems to want and finding the beauty in them.

DIPLOMAT: Meet "Warhammer". It's an '87, one of the first known 4-speed conversions. Most of the major work was done by the previous owner ("Thunderstruck", on Farley's Page, a Mopar M-body site). The 360, which has been worked a little, the transmission swap and required engineering, the suspension pieces (all AHB cop equipment, 11" Cordoba discs, 10" Gran Fury drums on a Sure-Grip 83/4 rear, poly bushings) were all his work. He sold it to me in 2005 to finance a Barracuda project he has going on. I painted the car, added the rims and tires, and since have been maintaining it to the best of my ability (I'm in the Army. I spend waaaay too much time away from home. Like now. Iraq is a beautiful country...) Currently, I'm looking at some work on the heads, rewiring, a complete interior overhaul, and repairing damage from a hit-and-run in late '05. The car was a Reader's Ride in the October, 2005 issue of Mopar Muscle.

Chevelle: "All American Beater 3". The All-American-Beater name I use for pretty much all GM cars I've owned (including some offshoots, has been affixed to a '79 Caprice Coupe, '99 Blazer, and '87 Monte SS). This Chevelle is infamous in Western Washington, with 7 pages worth of "incidents" supplied to me by three different counties to prove it. Due to privacy, I will not identify the builder, the methods, or the incidents. I've known the car since '93, and have been trying to buy it for a long time. Currently, it has a 383 SBC, TH400 with reverse manual valvebody, a very solid 12-bolt running 3.73 gears with a spool, and the extremely obnoxious 3" headers into Flowmasters, with pre-muffler dumps. Considering the engine is dying, the roof is rotting at the vinyl top, and other issues (like getting pulled over the first week of ownership) I'm not sure what to do with this thing yet, but I've got almost a year to figure it out.

Regal: "Windstorm"...it's grey, it's a force created mostly by air, it blows hard, and although it seems innocent enough, it will blow your doors off. It's basically a stocker Regal GS I picked up for an economy driver, with very few tweaks. I raced it a couple of times, recording a 14.97@96, very consistent. I actually have been involved in a fight with the owner of a 00-02 SS Camaro because I stomped him at the track. (Hint: Clutch dump at about 5500 might have screwed you at the launch...?) It's now off-limits to modding, it's the wife's car. Doesn't mean I can't improve if something breaks (c'mon, supercharger...)

So, yeah. There's pretty much everything to know...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Newbie- One Mope, One old GM, one new GM

Oddball is us! Very cool.

Comment

Working...
    X