Bossman's 66 Impala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    My 69 Impala winter car was a rusted out shit box. Only after I drove it to Cali did I discover the frame rails were gone.

Whereabouts in Nebraska are you at?
    I'm just north of Omaha about 10 miles in a country town called Fort Calhoun.
    Nick Smithberg
    www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

My two year old son Nathan, you think he's a car nut yet?

Pics taken at Mid America Motorplex (MAM) Pacific Junction, Iowa - May 2011.
      Nick Smithberg
      www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSMAN View Post
        My two year old son Nathan, you think he's a car nut yet?

Pics taken at Mid America Motorplex (MAM) Pacific Junction, Iowa - May 2011.
        Looks like the pedals need some blocks strapped to them along with a couple phone books on the seat.
        Last edited by Huskinhano; January 10, 2012, 02:49 PM.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

LOL, that would be interesting. He LOVES this car, anytime he sees it he goes "daddys car, daddys car VVVRRRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!" He goes to the track with us whenever I go. My father was the same way with me, I'm still thankful for it. Learn em young!
          Nick Smithberg
          www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Yeah, I got hooked about the same age watching my father change oil and fix flats on our old 47 Dodge.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Finally got a update on mine. Car has been in the body shop for about a year and now is finally getting some color back on after all of the body work!

BEFORE:

Started Spraying Lemonwood Yellow back on today.

Nick Smithberg
              www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Wow Nick, nice ride! Nice engines!

I'm a big fan of chubby Chebbies packin' potent SBCs too! I just can't afford one as potent as you run. But I have fun surprising guys with my little "327" all the same. ;)

BTW, what brand/model headers do you run? I'm assuming they're at least 1.75", right?
                Last edited by RaysnCayne; October 17, 2012, 08:42 PM.
                1968 Biscayne
                406 / TH350 / 12-Bolt 3.42
                13.17 @ 104mph.

Comment

Thanks for the posts. Makes me want to start tinkering with my 66 again. Still haven't decided on final engine package.
                  Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Originally posted by RaysnCayne View Post
                    Wow Nick, nice ride! Nice engines!

I'm a big fan of chubby Chebbies packin' potent SBCs too! I just can't afford one as potent as you run. But I have fun surprising guys with my little "327" all the same. ;)

BTW, what brand/model headers do you run? I'm assuming they're at least 1.75", right?
                    Actually I only have 1 5/8 with 2 1/2" exhaust on the 406 SBC currently, all I could find to get it going. I had Stahl make me a new set for one of my bigger motors but that set me back $1800! You are really limited for headers on these cars.

Nick Smithberg
                    www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
                      Thanks for the posts. Makes me want to start tinkering with my 66 again. Still haven't decided on final engine package.
                      I've been following a thread over on Yellowbullet about this year of car and those guys have been making me want to get more motivated to get back to work on it. I've posted alot about my car in this thread.
                      http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=198120
                      Nick Smithberg
                      www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

You make a good point.

I always laugh at how simply working on the car in public motivates me and especially how others are working on their cars. Were it me, alone, I doubt I'd get anything done because there are so many things here that could distract.
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I want to get back to work on it BAD, its just I've had sooo many irons in the fire (Engine Masters, New Shop, Two full time jobs, family, etc) this year I'm wore out! Sometimes it just takes a little fire to push myself even harder to accomplish my goals. It helps when others motivate progress on a project.
                          Nick Smithberg
                          www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSMAN View Post
                            Actually I only have 1 5/8 with 2 1/2" exhaust on the 406 SBC currently, all I could find to get it going. I had Stahl make me a new set for one of my bigger motors but that set me back $1800! You are really limited for headers on these cars.

I talked to Stahl when I went looking for a bigger set of headers for my '65 Impala. My bank account couldnt handle it. I didnt have the tools or.the talent to fab up a set from scratch either. My solution was somewhat "unique".
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well, those are actually 2" stepped to 2 1/8" so I was willing to spend the money cause I wanted to know how the hell they could get it all to fit. Other people were asking $2500 - $3000 for what I was after. I will be fabricating my own now that I will have better resources and a nice place to do it. FYI, the 67-69 Camaro & 68-72 Nova headers are the same except for one tube that gets rerouted. I have a smaller set that I will be changing that are 1 7/8".
                              Nick Smithberg
                              www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

why does he braze the tubes to the flange?
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X