Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag Week 2012 - Project GIRTST 71 Mustang (get it right the second time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Ha, you think my tune is sorted out =P Have you actually ever sat in my car? =P (which is pretty funny if you think about it).

If he hasn't switched to %Baro, I recommend it, and it shouldn't make too much of a difference if he lives near sea level and even less difference if he is doing AFR corrections. The AFR corrections have to be turned off to sort out the baro corrections.

The more I think about it though, I think it's more necessary for someone at high elevation to tune on %Baro because I couldn't physically tune any of those cells above 85kPa in Speed Density mode. WOT wouldn't get me there, which puts the tune at risk going to lower elevation. Where as most, if you can tune up around 100kPa, and go up 5,000ft, you have (likely) already tuned the ~85kPa bins.

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    What fueling method are you using? Standard Speed Density or the %Baro one?
    I believe it's set on Speed Density? but it shows "Fuel Load" instead of MAP values in the load tables.

i.e. Don't ask me, I just tune the damned things! lol. I told Bill that you were going to be our expert on barometric pressure tuning because you have that down to a science, literally. Feel free to jump in and help, as Bill, like you, thinks nothing of hopping in his car and driving it 3000' up a winding mountain road. I'd like to see his tune be as sorted out as your tune is.
    Last edited by dieselgeek; August 6, 2012, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    BTW Randall, I need to chat wih you re Baro corrections with the MS3. We're abou ready to run closed loop at WOT and a little fine tuning elsewhere seems appropriate.
    What fueling method are you using? Standard Speed Density or the %Baro one? If you switch from speed density to %Baro the whole table is off as it shifts the kPa axis by the difference in current barometric conditions and ideal ~101.3kPa, or something like that. Of course if you're tuning near sea level this might be a moot point. WOT on the Speed Density setting on my car only went up to the 85kPa level, LOL, the %Baro got me to 100.

Hmm, I don't recall seeing a fuel correction for air inlet temperature, only an ignition correction. But I haven't gone through all the MS3 options either.

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Still looking for a hood bill?

this is the one i had on my '67 cuda, 7" with an '70 amc amx scoop grafted in.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Pot, meet Kettle.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Mine got richer from thinking the air was denser than it was.
    If I rig the table wrong it might, which I think is Russell's question.

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    I don't understand what you mean here? Put a null value where, on what table?
    In the inlet air temp table there is a value for percent enrichment at -40*' the default for a bad sensor or one that isn't connected. I spend time with the car in SoCal and Arizona and will never be driving it in temps below 32 let alone -40, so if I put a zero enrichment value at -40 I don't take a lot of risk as even the 32* enrichment is 6% IIRC.

BTW Randall, I need to chat wih you re Baro corrections with the MS3. We're abou ready to run closed loop at WOT and a little fine tuning elsewhere seems appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Is there anyway this could make it go lean and burn something?

Mine got richer from thinking the air was denser than it was.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    I've been thinking about Russel's earlier point about the MAT sensor failure default, and I think I might just put a null enrichment value in at the -40* point to avoid the issue in the future. The issue being a full second loss in ET.
    Is there anyway this could make it go lean and burn something?

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    I've been thinking about Russel's earlier point about the MAT sensor failure default, and I think I might just put a null enrichment value in at the -40* point to avoid the issue in the future. The issue being a full second loss in ET.
    I don't understand what you mean here? Put a null value where, on what table?

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    I have to admit that I'm really enjoying having the power windows in staging lanes. It may be psychological but as I'm typically racing solo being able to do some of this stuff this way helps me concentrate.

This week I'm adding a little fan to the trans cooler as I found I was building more heat in the trans fluid than i'm comfortable with when I hot-lapped the car. I'll use it for True Street events, but I may leave if off for Drag Week depending on what the ambient temps are forecast to be this year.

Then it'll get tested here in Tucson on Saturday.
    Last edited by CDMBill; August 4, 2012, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dignlif
    replied
    Rich, look at the plugs from the front get the pin assignments correct. Also they have commons as well as the 12v+ and ground.
    I went back last night and pulled it all apart, traced all my wiring and all looked correct. Then I started tracing the harness that came with the kit and I found two extra wires that looked strange and out of place. I clipped them both, wired it up like I had it before, and it worked with no more blown fuses. Ta-daaa. I must have gotten the one put together by the new guy while his trainer/ supervisor was off on a coffee or smoke break. "Hmm this looks right, I'll just add this wire here and...um...how about this one here...yeah perfect!" As of midnight last night, I had correctly functioning windows.

Thanks for the heads up on the overall great kit Bill!

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Thanks for the info!

Bill i really like your car, i think the EFI really adds to the cool factor.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I thought we discussed this. Traction control isn't possible with this technology ;)
    while you seem like an honest guy, your profession and your hobby may lead one to conclude that you either may exaggerate a bit or have a difficult time understanding the truth

to quote another famous guy with a similar profession "I didn't have sex with that woman" (the cigar did)
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 2, 2012, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X