Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag Week 2012 - Project GIRTST 71 Mustang (get it right the second time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    I've been thinking about Russel's earlier point about the MAT sensor failure default, and I think I might just put a null enrichment value in at the -40* point to avoid the issue in the future. The issue being a full second loss in ET.
    Is there anyway this could make it go lean and burn something?
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
      Is there anyway this could make it go lean and burn something?

Mine got richer from thinking the air was denser than it was.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        I don't understand what you mean here? Put a null value where, on what table?
        In the inlet air temp table there is a value for percent enrichment at -40*' the default for a bad sensor or one that isn't connected. I spend time with the car in SoCal and Arizona and will never be driving it in temps below 32 let alone -40, so if I put a zero enrichment value at -40 I don't take a lot of risk as even the 32* enrichment is 6% IIRC.

BTW Randall, I need to chat wih you re Baro corrections with the MS3. We're abou ready to run closed loop at WOT and a little fine tuning elsewhere seems appropriate.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Mine got richer from thinking the air was denser than it was.
          If I rig the table wrong it might, which I think is Russell's question.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Pot, meet Kettle.

Comment

• Still looking for a hood bill?

this is the one i had on my '67 cuda, 7" with an '70 amc amx scoop grafted in.[/QUOTE]
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                BTW Randall, I need to chat wih you re Baro corrections with the MS3. We're abou ready to run closed loop at WOT and a little fine tuning elsewhere seems appropriate.
                What fueling method are you using? Standard Speed Density or the %Baro one? If you switch from speed density to %Baro the whole table is off as it shifts the kPa axis by the difference in current barometric conditions and ideal ~101.3kPa, or something like that. Of course if you're tuning near sea level this might be a moot point. WOT on the Speed Density setting on my car only went up to the 85kPa level, LOL, the %Baro got me to 100.

Hmm, I don't recall seeing a fuel correction for air inlet temperature, only an ignition correction. But I haven't gone through all the MS3 options either.

Comment

What fueling method are you using? Standard Speed Density or the %Baro one?
                  I believe it's set on Speed Density? but it shows "Fuel Load" instead of MAP values in the load tables.

i.e. Don't ask me, I just tune the damned things! lol. I told Bill that you were going to be our expert on barometric pressure tuning because you have that down to a science, literally. Feel free to jump in and help, as Bill, like you, thinks nothing of hopping in his car and driving it 3000' up a winding mountain road. I'd like to see his tune be as sorted out as your tune is.
                  Last edited by dieselgeek; August 6, 2012, 12:53 PM.
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• Ha, you think my tune is sorted out =P Have you actually ever sat in my car? =P (which is pretty funny if you think about it).

If he hasn't switched to %Baro, I recommend it, and it shouldn't make too much of a difference if he lives near sea level and even less difference if he is doing AFR corrections. The AFR corrections have to be turned off to sort out the baro corrections.

The more I think about it though, I think it's more necessary for someone at high elevation to tune on %Baro because I couldn't physically tune any of those cells above 85kPa in Speed Density mode. WOT wouldn't get me there, which puts the tune at risk going to lower elevation. Where as most, if you can tune up around 100kPa, and go up 5,000ft, you have (likely) already tuned the ~85kPa bins.

Comment

• I left Bill's car on Open Loop - no EGO corrections so we're good there.

He officially lives in the best air of any other car I tuned, often sees 100+kpa. I had planned on having him enable closed loop corrections to get the last 2-3% of his Wide Open (during a pass on the track) nailed down. His combo is very serious about mixture and timing, get it off just a little bit and it loses a bunch of power. I have it pretty close with the hand tune though, at least it was working at Irwindale well enough that he couldn't hook until half track. some of the time. lol
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• I've seen 103.x kPa in So. Cal. and 64kPa air in Denver. To hell with carbs

Comment

• I live at 80 ft. Elevation. I do see 110+ KPA pretty often, also see hundity at 60% often, by the time I get to Irwindale 35 miles inland elevation is still only 500 but KPA will fall by a couple numbers. Super DA is under 1000, but not after April.

Comment

• Altitude and heat testing

I arrived with the car in Tucson tonight. I'll be doing some final electrical clean up etc. and hit the track Saturday. Hope to see Squirrel and Joe.

Comment

• goody! I'm planning on bringing the 55 up to the strip Saturday, I have some new parts that are supposed to show up in the brown truck this week
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Damn, Jim its hot today. Took it on a test drive in the 92 KPA air and made a few adjustments fuel table adjustments. I jsut pleased it didn't melt down in the 108 temps.

Comment

Working...
                                X