Pigcar gets new attitude and altitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigcar gets new attitude and altitude

For those of you that are not familiar with the Pigcar a.k.a. "The Stroller", here is a brief introduction. The Stroller was drug out of a woods by Dave the Bartender (DTB) a couple of years ago to go on the Powertour with his friends. DTB and his buddies put a 283/700r4 combo in it and took off on the 2006 Powertour. They were longhaulers in 2006 and then decided to do the 2007 Powertour at the last minute. They threw a disc brake conversion on it and were off for PT 2007. Once again they were longhaulers for 2007. Dave has tons of stories to go along with these trips and I am not doing them justice in this brief recap. DTB decided to sell the Stroller to help pay for parts for his real project, his 55 Chevy that he has owned forever. This is where I come in. I see it in the For Sale section here on Carjunkie and it speaks to me. I finally decide to email Dave after thinking about it for a good long time. During the time that myself and Dave were emailing back and forth we got slow at work and told the boss I would take some vacation. So I call Dave and am on a plane to Tallahassee to buy the Pigcar. I was looking forward to a roadtrip back home to Indiana from Florida, it was going to be my little spring adventure. DTB picked me up at the airport and we were off to pick up the last few parts needed to get the Stroller back to Indiana. I need to stop the story about the car and tell you about Dave. Dave IS one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Not only did he do tons of parts chasing for the car at the last minute, he also helped install them and let me stay the night at his house before I took off. THANKS for all of your help and hospitality!!!!!!!!!! Well, back to the car, Dave put the new heater core in the car, I fiddled with the turn signal switch and called it a night. I was off the next morning, headed to Ft. Myers, FL to see my Grandpa. Here are some of pics of the Stroller on the way home. Enjoy.

The Stroller at DTB's house.

Myself and Stroller at DTB's

DTB and Stroller

DTB was still a little attached

Stroller at Don Garlits Museum

Grandpa and Stroller

Stroller at Skyway in Tampa Bay

Stroller at Talladega Superspeedway

Stroller at Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, KY

I ran into some snow/ice on the way home

Well those pictures pretty well told the story coming home. Well, fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when Nik (the poser) posted pics of his Pontiac with new rims and tires on it. A light went off in my head and remembered I had a set of rims and tires laying around for my 1998 Camaro project. The Camaro is a long way from being finished so I decided to see if the rims and tires would fit the Stroller. Well, with a little cutting, hammering and some spacers they fit. Oh yea, I lowered it too. Well without further ado, here is the new Stroller

Re: Pigcar gets new attitude and altitude

Very cool, thanks for the photo journey.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Awesome! Glad to know it went to a good home. Thanks for the update!

Comment

Awesome story! Great car.

Liked the old wheels better.
        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Nice story / pics .. I think the old wheels fit the car better myself as well ..either way, thumbs up
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad
            Nice story / pics .. I think the old wheels fit the car better myself as well ..either way, thumbs up
            Xs 2....but shes your pig now ;D...Looks cool either way...congrats on the purchase!

Comment

Good to see it is getting the wheels driven off. Very nice.

I also prefer the old wheels.

Seth
              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Goes to prove that you cannot make everybody happy. I like the new wheels, they look good on that car. ;D
                1964 Chevelle
                Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

shes your little piggy now and if your pet needs new shoes..go for it, thanks for the update
                  Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

Great story, Like the new altitude and the wheels too.

Comment

I think that car is cool. I don't really know which wheels I like. I guess both for different reasons.

Comment

this car has alot of great memories for me. i first saw it on power tour 2006, leaving gainseville raceway. i must have liked it, because i snapped a pic of it. as the tour progressed, i kept running into DTB, Airport and the Stroller. let me know if you are going on PT this year and i'll put together a cd with some pics on it.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Thanks everybody. I am just building upon something that DTB started, and I am having a blast doing it. When I bought the car I had no intentions of changing it, but the hot rodder inside me made me do it. I am still considering going on PT 2008, haven't decided yet. The old wheels and tires are not gone for good. Hopefully i will need the new ones back to put on the Camaro. And yes, I have been driving the hell out of it, 2000 miles home, 600 miles for an Easter weekend trip and about another 600 driving it locally. Here are a few more pics of the Stroller and my 98

Stroller gets a dash makeover

98 Camaro, very rough engine mock up

Comment

The Stroller looks awesome ! You sure got it in the weeds. The best thing about a POS, is that you can do no wrong. Hell I bolted a chrome pig to the hood and it just gave it more character. The wheels give it a real sinister look. (if that's possible) Keep the modifications coming, the car is definitely YOU now !

Really glad your enjoying the car, it is quite a bang for the buck, in the fun department !

The 55 is coming along and we are having a Overhaulin' weekend, with Power Tour friends coming in, from all over the region, to help me make progress on it. It is truly a pleasure to be part of the CarJunkie/Rodding community. NPG "New Pig Guy" sure wish you lived closer, we need a wiring expert like you to keep it from being a "shocking" experience ! Not sure if I will make the Tour or not, but I will be darn close !

Thanks for sharing the pix,

OPG "old pig guy"
                            DTB - RETIRED

Comment

I really like the old car/new wheels setup. The flying pig - must have a flying pig.

Comment

Working...
                              X