Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pigcar gets new attitude and altitude

Originally posted by OldPigGuy
    The OPG has no Pigletts ! Must have been some other lucky sow. If it was the Pig Car it might have been a couple of cases of Budweisers you saw in the back . . . and on the roof . . . and being thrown from the windows at targeted road signs . . . Or maybe not?

Women and children aren't usually to fond of actually riding in the Pig Car, must be a guy thing ! Hey N20, I forgot to tell ya that the Pig Car is an effective form of birth control. Whoooo's your Buddy !

DTB
    Hell, just being me is the best form of birth control. I really didn't need the car to not get laid. ;D

Nobody has answered my question. How much HP will the stock axle take??

Comment

Originally posted by N20Silverado
      Put the skinny tires back on, and it won't be an issue. ;D
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

The OPG has no Pigletts ! Must have been some other lucky sow. If it was the Pig Car it might have been a couple of cases of Budweisers you saw in the back . . . and on the roof . . . and being thrown from the windows at targeted road signs . . . Or maybe not?

Women and children aren't usually to fond of actually riding in the Pig Car, must be a guy thing ! Hey N20, I forgot to tell ya that the Pig Car is an effective form of birth control. Whoooo's your Buddy !

DTB
        Hell, just being me is the best form of birth control. I really didn't need the car to not get laid. ;D

being a wagon, i would suspect that it has a fairly stout rear end, however, even with only? 700hp, i can't imagine it holding together. go with the 9". they hold together better than anything.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I don't think Chevy made a "stouter" rearend in the early '60s. To refference a recent HRM Marlan "What's your problem" section even the Z-11 427 W-motor cars got the same limp wristed rears as the sedans and most of the drag racers swapped them for Pontiac or Olds rear axles.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

That is to Cool.

Comment

Just my two cents on the rear. It's the same as the stock rear that WAS in my 55. I genaded two sets of spider gears with less than 350 horsepower, (and street tires) plus the axle dia is comparable to a number 2 pencil. A turbo powered small block will make the stocker squeal like a Pig . . . right before the big BANG !

The good news is I now have an extra stock replacement you can have for free !

Even now, with those sticky tires, I wouldn't enter the burnout contest. You might want to think about a one peice "propeller shaft" too !

Hummm, sounds like a future episode of "Hogs gone Wild" ! I am not a 4H judge but my vote is for your Pig over Rusty in a showdown.

DTB

DTB - RETIRED

Comment

like i said, you can't go wrong with a 9".
                ok you chevy guys, admit it. ford did at least one thing right.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Hey there, NPG. Any progress with your plans on a major upgrade? Is Chad going to have to be worried about a Burnout contender?
                  Hope this nice spring weather has got ya grinnin like a pig in . . . a burnout pit !

DTB
                  DTB - RETIRED

Comment

I'll take a Dana 60 please...

Actually I'm putting an 30spline 8.5 (8.625in) 10-bolt in my Riviera that weighs 2 tons dry out of a 95 9C1.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
                      I'll take a Dana 60 please...

Actually I'm putting an 30spline 8.5 (8.625in) 10-bolt in my Riviera that weighs 2 tons dry out of a 95 9C1.
                      great rear. certainly would be my 2nd choice, but for high horsepower, a proper built 9" is still the best way to go.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

what's the latest on this project? any chance of seeing it on POwer Tour?
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                          what's the latest on this project? any chance of seeing it on POwer Tour?
                          Sorry I checked out for a while. We are slammed at work and have been helping friends work on their stuff. Kinda hard to work on my toy when friends need help working on their truck that they need to get them to work everyday. I have made the hard decision to not go on the Powertour. I know I am letting Dave down and everybody else that enjoyed the car so much. I am right in the middle of 6 projects in a hospital I am working at and they will be going balls out till well into July. I have been strolling in the Stroller as much as I can and having a blast doing it.

Trivia Question???? Where does the term "balls out" come from?

Comment

The Stroller looks awesome ! You sure got it in the weeds. The best thing about a POS, is that you can do no wrong. Hell I bolted a chrome pig to the hood and it just gave it more character. The wheels give it a real sinister look. (if that's possible) Keep the modifications coming, the car is definitely YOU now !

Really glad your enjoying the car, it is quite a bang for the buck, in the fun department !

The 55 is coming along and we are having a Overhaulin' weekend, with Power Tour friends coming in, from all over the region, to help me make progress on it. It is truly a pleasure to be part of the CarJunkie/Rodding community. NPG "New Pig Guy" sure wish you lived closer, we need a wiring expert like you to keep it from being a "shocking" experience ! Not sure if I will make the Tour or not, but I will be darn close !

Thanks for sharing the pix,

OPG "old pig guy"
                            Good luck on your Overhaulin weekend. Nuthin like working on cars with fellow car guys.

I have a question for everybody. Can anybody see the motor that is mocked up in the Camaro, finding a new home in the Stroller? :o Which turbo should I use? The little one- 700HP or the big one 1100HP. ;D
                            duh, the 1100 hp one!!

Comment

Working...
                            X