No announcement yet.

1954 MK7 Jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that I had to think of while picking rims for the Jag, first up- fit over the brakes next up- they need to hold the jag ( it's heavy) after that - off set - they needed the right amount of off-set, front and rear, amost at the end cost - they had to be cheap ($550 NZD or $350USD) for the full set with tyres, and last, in my eyes they had to suit the car and look cool

Comment

• Good choice, Bryan! I don't spend on rims but there has to be SOMETHING down there and you've made an excellent choice. Now when I hit the lottery........

Dan

Comment

• and for today here is what the rims look like on the back, I cant wait to make all 4 spacers and see what it looks like on the ground.

Comment

• Ohhh SKIRTS!
          First shot looked like you need mor rubber!
          With Skirts...perfectly beautiful!

Comment

• Thank you, it's good to see that what I have in my mind looks good when done, so often I hear people talk about what they are going to do and sounds a little off and if they get to do it, it end up looking nothing like what they said,

Comment

• Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
              Things that I had to think of while picking rims for the Jag, first up- fit over the brakes next up- they need to hold the jag ( it's heavy) after that - off set - they needed the right amount of off-set, front and rear, amost at the end cost - they had to be cheap ($550 NZD or $350USD) for the full set with tyres, and last, in my eyes they had to suit the car and look cool
              I'd say you nailed it on all counts, especially COOL. Nicely done. What's the ETA to completion -- you're cruising into summer in the southern hemisphere, yes?
              Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Eta on done project, 3 to 4 years, or eta on wheels on car 2 to 3 weeks, I made a Ali adapter just to see if it would work, now I'm making 4 of them out of steel,
                And yes the sun is out and starting to very warm 😅

Comment

• Steel adapters all made and fitted, wheels on,

Comment

• that looks absolutely beautiful Brian!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• 😃 we are getting there, now it's time to polish the body, that should that me the rest of the year 😐

Comment

• Lookin' good! Perfect choice on the wheels - sort of reminiscent of the spokes but still up-to-date.

Dan

Comment

• Really SWEET and SEXY!

Comment

• Fantastic! I'm assuming there's no engine and the front will come down a bit once it's complete?
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• I had trouble imagining what it could be. It looks bitchen! Nice work.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Sold my Camaro last week, so now I have freed up some money to start doing a lot more on the Jag, so first things first I need to start looking for LS1 motor and gearbox (6 speed manual ) , but I was also thinking maybe a LM7(5.3L)

Comment

Working...
                                X