1954 MK7 Jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1954 MK7 Jaguar

That would be bitchin'! sorry, Should have caught on sooner that it was steel. I was under the assumption that Jaguar made all their cars from Aluminium.
    That's funny I had a few people tell me at the show that the car looked so good and how did I get the aluminium to look that good.
    One of that other things that happened was I walked into the shed that it was parked in and there was someone sitting in it, I could not believe it

Comment

update on the project, I had to get some new wheels for the frame table, so instead of buying them I went to my old work (alloy yachts) which has closed it gates and got a old work bench that had wheels on for two boxes of beer, down here to get caster wheels to take 800 plus Kgs it would cost you about $150 each, so I was happy with this deal , once I got the wheels on the frame table I could drop the chassis down and out and then put the body on the table, now the the frame is out from the body I can start setting up the running gear, LS1 and a 6 speed are to be fitted,

malc and Scott Liggett like this.

Comment

A major step forward. Love to see this coming along. And a great deal on the wheels!

Dan

Comment

Nice score Bryan!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

No update so far, I got a LS1 and a 6 speed manual for a good price, then I had it shipped from Aus,😃 it landed 3 weeks ago and I still have been able to pick it up, gov paper work 😡

Comment

Damn Auzzies...... Or maybe damn Kiwis?

Hope that resolves soon.

Dan

Comment

Glad to see more progress on this. Good luck with the engine and trans. Hopefully you will get it soon so you can start mock up.
                CHECK US OUT AT:
                www.ridetech.com

Comment

hopefully there is a light at the end of the political quagmire!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Guess what, I was aloud to pick up my motor and box today, LS1 and a T56, this is going to make the old girl get up and go, so now the hard work will start and that is fitting and getting it all lined up

Deaf Bob and malc like this.

Comment

Excellent! Now begins my favorite part.

Dan

Comment

great!!
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

and so it begins, a LS1 an T56 6speed gearbox in a MK7 Jag

74NovaMan likes this.

Comment

Cool that you sprung the drivetrain out of jail!

I've forgotten - is the Jag RHD? Either way it seems to fit reasonably well if the steering and exhaust will play nicely in a limited area. Please keep the updates coming.

Dan
                            bryankiwi likes this.

Comment

Hi Dan, yes she is RHD, steering I think will be fine, but exhaust will be fiddly, this is the put I have not been looking forward to

Comment

On the Volvo I was able to fit in a set of Mustang shorties but I had to modify 1 tube on the driver's (left) side to clear the steering shaft. I tacked the modified pipe in place and took it to a local guy with a TIG to finish weld it. Anyhow, it now fits well. Hope you can find a similar solution - pretty painless.

Dan
                                bryankiwi likes this.

Comment

Working...
                                X