No announcement yet.

1954 MK7 Jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks like you should be able to navigate a little nip and tuck surgery to the exhaust for steering clearance!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Yay, got the Ali in for the gearbox cross member today, little bit of machine time, should be fun

Comment

• WOW!😎
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I'm guessing you take away everything that doesn't look like you want it to?

Dan

Comment

• Knowing your previous machining skills, you should be able to whittle this into what you want in no time...

Comment

• Just a quick update, the gearbox mount is almost done, another few hours and it will be ready, this has been done on a manual mill with no feed ( it's like going to the gym for a workout) the next step will be weld the tapped plates on to the chassis so it can be bolted up, once that's done I can start to put the body back on and then fine tuning motor and box, I would like to get as far back as I can without having to cut into the firewall

Comment

• that's some piece of work! WOW!
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• You get a big hunk of aluminum and remove everything that doesn't look like a gearbox mount, right?

Looks great!

Dan

Comment

• That's really a impressive piece of machining!
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                      You get a big hunk of aluminum and remove everything that doesn't look like a gearbox mount, right?

Looks great!

Dan
                      That's dead right, I just start machining and a gearbox mount apairs. It's not like I have seen one before and I'm copying it, I love doing this sort of stuff

Comment

• Gearbox mount done to the point, I can now mount it up in the chassis, the engine mount is 10mm steel ( one piece)
                        Last edited by bryankiwi; October 11, 2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Spent all day Sunday putting the chassis back under the body and getting the motor and gearbox fitting right

[URL=http://s153.photobucket.com/user/bryankiwi/media/jag%20resto/084A3551_zpshj6dbqc7.jpg.html][/URL

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...pszx3ocahu.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...pshj6dbqc7.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps66aw6cln.jpg
                          Last edited by bryankiwi; October 16, 2016, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• PROGRESS!!

Interesting that your house looks just like a real house, even all the way down there!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                              PROGRESS!!

Interesting that your house looks just like a real house, even all the way down there!

Dan
                              Why? You think the roof is the foundation?

Comment

• Some more photos

Comment

Working...
                                X