No announcement yet.

1954 MK7 Jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a lot to report this week, put a small wire brush on my 4" disk grinder and started to wire brush off 60 years of rust and dirt, got the top of the chassis done fliped it up on its end and started the bottem.

Last edited by bryankiwi; March 10, 2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I would totally roll that thing around town here...very kool. Anybody else notice the frame is already fully boxed from front to rear on these things? Must be pretty rigid!

Comment

is that a torsion bar front end? hopefully it will support the powertrain!still looks great!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Ok I got the chassis back from being sandblasted and I have started to paint it with POR15 chassis coat black. so thing are going at a slow pace but I am in no rush

Last edited by bryankiwi; December 31, 2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

slow=better than none! It'll get there.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I've been working on my stuff for years and they're still covered in rust! Looks good!

Comment

Ok up date on the jag, I have started to fit the running gear, I want to put in a 350 chev and a 6 speed gear box, so I have a dummy motor and a mate of mine has lent me a 5 speed that has the same casing as the 6 speed, as you can see there is a lot room to play with. Also I have been looking at the black jag and I think I will be able to get it up and running , let's hope so.

Comment

Looks like yours will sit low in the engine bay more easily than my MB/S-10 swap. But swaps are always fun, I think. Lots of figuring out to do and stuff to make - for me, that's the fun part.

Please keep us informed.

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan, I would have to agree with you, andim learning so much, it is just a heap of fun, just don't tell the wife the amount of money I'm spending )

Comment

Looks great Bryan!! you got room for a blower in there (tell the wife it's a new vacuum cleaner when she see the bill)Happy New Year!!
                      Last edited by silver_bullet; December 31, 2012, 09:59 PM.
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Funny you should say that, we were looking at the other day and twin turbo would fit nicely , so that could be on the cards, would have to sort out brakes and so on but what a cool Q car

Comment

Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
                          Hi Dan, I would have to agree with you, andim learning so much, it is just a heap of fun, just don't tell the wife the amount of money I'm spending )
                          You say......honey, it's a good investment

The second Jag looks like the same color scheme as the one
                          your dad had?
                          Any idea of what paint combo for the project?
                          The silver/black looked good.

Cool project.
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
                            Funny you should say that, we were looking at the other day and twin turbo would fit nicely , so that could be on the cards, would have to sort out brakes and so on but what a cool Q car
                            I like the way you think,but, You had better tell her it's a new hair dryer...Youre just breaking it in for her!!
                            Patrick & Tammy

Comment

I would have to tell her that she needed two of them
                              ......... Maybe one for her and one for me

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                                You say......honey, it's a good investment

The second Jag looks like the same color scheme as the one
                                your dad had?
                                Any idea of what paint combo for the project?
                                The silver/black looked good.

Cool project.

I was Brit racing green and a cream very old world England

Comment

Working...
                                X