Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryankiwi
    replied
    Gearbox mount done to the point, I can now mount it up in the chassis, the engine mount is 10mm steel ( one piece)
    Last edited by bryankiwi; October 11, 2016, 10:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    You get a big hunk of aluminum and remove everything that doesn't look like a gearbox mount, right?

Looks great!

Dan
    That's dead right, I just start machining and a gearbox mount apairs. It's not like I have seen one before and I'm copying it, I love doing this sort of stuff

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    That's really a impressive piece of machining!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    You get a big hunk of aluminum and remove everything that doesn't look like a gearbox mount, right?

Looks great!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    that's some piece of work! WOW!

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    Just a quick update, the gearbox mount is almost done, another few hours and it will be ready, this has been done on a manual mill with no feed ( it's like going to the gym for a workout) the next step will be weld the tapped plates on to the chassis so it can be bolted up, once that's done I can start to put the body back on and then fine tuning motor and box, I would like to get as far back as I can without having to cut into the firewall

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Knowing your previous machining skills, you should be able to whittle this into what you want in no time...

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    I'm guessing you take away everything that doesn't look like you want it to?

Dan

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    WOW!😎

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    Yay, got the Ali in for the gearbox cross member today, little bit of machine time, should be fun

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    looks like you should be able to navigate a little nip and tuck surgery to the exhaust for steering clearance!

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    What are those green blobs at the end of the frame rails? .
    Dang, they sure are beeg!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    On the Volvo I was able to fit in a set of Mustang shorties but I had to modify 1 tube on the driver's (left) side to clear the steering shaft. I tacked the modified pipe in place and took it to a local guy with a TIG to finish weld it. Anyhow, it now fits well. Hope you can find a similar solution - pretty painless.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    Hi Dan, yes she is RHD, steering I think will be fine, but exhaust will be fiddly, this is the put I have not been looking forward to

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    Cool that you sprung the drivetrain out of jail!

I've forgotten - is the Jag RHD? Either way it seems to fit reasonably well if the steering and exhaust will play nicely in a limited area. Please keep the updates coming.

Dan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X