No announcement yet.

1954 MK7 Jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on the project, I had to get some new wheels for the frame table, so instead of buying them I went to my old work (alloy yachts) which has closed it gates and got a old work bench that had wheels on for two boxes of beer, down here to get caster wheels to take 800 plus Kgs it would cost you about $150 each, so I was happy with this deal , once I got the wheels on the frame table I could drop the chassis down and out and then put the body on the table, now the the frame is out from the body I can start setting up the running gear, LS1 and a 6 speed are to be fitted,

Comment

• A major step forward. Love to see this coming along. And a great deal on the wheels!

Dan

Comment

• Nice score Bryan!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• No update so far, I got a LS1 and a 6 speed manual for a good price, then I had it shipped from Aus,😃 it landed 3 weeks ago and I still have been able to pick it up, gov paper work 😡

Comment

• Damn Auzzies...... Or maybe damn Kiwis?

Hope that resolves soon.

Dan

Comment

• Glad to see more progress on this. Good luck with the engine and trans. Hopefully you will get it soon so you can start mock up.
              CHECK US OUT AT:
              www.ridetech.com

Comment

• hopefully there is a light at the end of the political quagmire!
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Guess what, I was aloud to pick up my motor and box today, LS1 and a T56, this is going to make the old girl get up and go, so now the hard work will start and that is fitting and getting it all lined up

Comment

• Excellent! Now begins my favorite part.

Dan

Comment

• great!!
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• and so it begins, a LS1 an T56 6speed gearbox in a MK7 Jag

Comment

• Cool that you sprung the drivetrain out of jail!

I've forgotten - is the Jag RHD? Either way it seems to fit reasonably well if the steering and exhaust will play nicely in a limited area. Please keep the updates coming.

Dan

Comment

• Hi Dan, yes she is RHD, steering I think will be fine, but exhaust will be fiddly, this is the put I have not been looking forward to

Comment

• On the Volvo I was able to fit in a set of Mustang shorties but I had to modify 1 tube on the driver's (left) side to clear the steering shaft. I tacked the modified pipe in place and took it to a local guy with a TIG to finish weld it. Anyhow, it now fits well. Hope you can find a similar solution - pretty painless.

Dan

Comment

• What are those green blobs at the end of the frame rails? .
                                Dang, they sure are beeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X