1954 MK7 Jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 MK7 Jaguar

Hi there, I have my new project car at home now, it is a 1954 MK7 Jaguar . After the Camaro I was looking for a cruz car and from my child hood ( my dad had one ) came this so I looked arould and found this one and shortly after that I found one more ( photos to come). This started out a project that I had hoped my Dad would help out on and get my kids to get in on it as well but Dad is sick now and I would now want to tax him and my kids are showing no intrest , so it is up to me and may I say I am looking forward to it.
    I will be posting photos as I go so sit back and enjoy the ride, he is what I would like to do to it with the running gear, 350 (LS1) chevy OD tranz and maybe a 9" diff and a full bear steel re-build

here is a photo of my Dads old Jag (Im the kid on top) and a few photos of how I would like the MK7 to turn out.

Comment

swank
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

NICE
        Sorry to hear your Father isn't up to helping you and your kids aren't intersted (yet) maybe once you start really getting into it - they will join you.
        Those jag inlines sure are sexy - but I can only imagine how many internal organs you'd have to pawn in order to pay for rebuild parts!
        Looking forward to following along!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Nice Project! Looking forward to updates!
          BKB
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

The Henderson LSR car uses (I think) that body style but maybe the next newer generation. Anyhow, worth a Google for inspiration. They sure are a pretty car, no question. They've had a number of engines in it including a BBC.

Back in my Buick dealer days we had a customer with a '48 Jag 4 door saloon. It was stunning. They still had clam shell fenders then. We did all the work on it as no one else in the area wanted to touch it.

Dan

Comment

That is dead sexy!!!!
              I'm still learning

Comment

That looks like a neat project! How is the rust?

although I think I'd leave the trim off the side, itdoesn't flow like the natural lines of the car do.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

sweet looking project. I know what you mean about trying to get your kids into a project I can't get mine into them either I do have a two yr old grandson whom shows promies. Good luck with it.
                  Last edited by pintoboy77; January 28, 2012, 04:14 PM.
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Those are beautiful cars. I hope the project includes doing something about those brakes. Awful is being polite about their effectiveness.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I really, really like that Jag. Besides being a very elegant and classy car it's different especially from a states point of view. I love everything about it, even the right hand drive. It'd almost a shame to remove the I6, A DOHC from 54, even that is special. Looking forward to following your build.

Funny with kids. My son has no interest in cars but my daughter has claimed my 66 Mustang as hers. I guess I'm going to have to teach her how to drive a 4 speed.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Take your patience meds when you go to teach her.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          Those are beautiful cars. I hope the project includes doing something about those brakes. Awful is being polite about their effectiveness.
                          Years ago I decided to teach my wife how to drive stick on my 84 4cyl 4WD Ranger that wasn't easy to drive. On the second attempt, she totally nailed the gas/clutch relationship and started from a dead stop like a seasoned pro. But once rolling she totally lost the concept of shifting gears, gas and clutch and that was the end of that.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

HI yall here is the latest update on the jag, I just went out and got the other one and got it back home and I am having a good look at it and it would seem ot have a better body and frame plus this one has already had the 6 banger taking out of it so I may have to put the black one back into storage (under the house) and move over to the red one, just few photos of the red
                            This photo is from the farm were they sat for a long time

back at home

sitting under the house

Comment

Very cool project. '54 must have been a banner year for Jags to be imported into the US, every once in a while I'll see one pop up. Now if only E-types would show up like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X