No announcement yet.

1954 MK7 Jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is the update on the two jags, the red one is the better of the two, so I will start on that one, so today I got the body up off the chassis so next week I will pull out the chassis, here are some photos of todays work.

Last edited by bryankiwi; February 25, 2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Progress is good!!
      I'm still learning

Comment

I had a bit of a opps I had the body slip off the jack at the start and put a hole in the old fuel tank and dropped about 3 to 4L on the floor now the place smells of old fuel . I hate that of smell I guess it will take some time for it to disappear . But it has shut the dog up so that is a good thing. She was in the shed checking out what I was doing and that I was it right as soon as the fuel hit the floor she was out there and as far away as she could be

Comment

Happy it didn't fall on your head!! Tammy thinks my head is harder than steel or concrete...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

All woman think that , what I can not figure out is how they can have so many shoes
            Last edited by bryankiwi; February 26, 2012, 09:16 AM.

Comment

So they can walk away from our hard heads.

The Jag looks a bit like a 4 wheel drive in those pics! THERE'S a bad thought!

Dan

Comment

The chassis looks pretty substantial should hold up with just about any engine I would think.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  So they can walk away from our hard heads.

The Jag looks a bit like a 4 wheel drive in those pics! THERE'S a bad thought!

Dan
                  I like the way you are thinking, I do have two jags , maybe I should just do one at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    The chassis looks pretty substantial should hold up with just about any engine I would think.
                    The chassis is very substantial, I would able to put a supercharged big block in there, stopping it on the other hand is a lot harder, I hope to be putting a 400 chev and 400 traz in the car so I will still need to look at a full new brake set up anyway

Comment

Originally posted by hauen View Post
                      Very cool project. '54 must have been a banner year for Jags to be imported into the US, every once in a while I'll see one pop up. Now if only E-types would show up like this.
                      Probably wasn't imported to the USA in 1954, but most likely New Zealand after it was a used car. Jaguars imported new to the USA were lefthand drive, as were most British cars built for import to the USA. Also it seems bryankiwi is in New Zealand, not the USA.

Great project bryankiwi! Looking forward to seeing progress on the Jag! I see you've got an early 2nd gen Camaro too! We've got something in common! I've got a '71 Camaro, and a British import 1946 Austin too.
                      Last edited by 1946Austin; February 26, 2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Ok the update for today, I got the chassis out, so now I can start work on it sanding it back and so on

body with no chassis

Comment

It's gonna be a BIG job to move the brake booster and steering box to the proper side of the car!

I'm not sure I'd EVER get used to driving on the "other" side.........

Dan
                          Last edited by DanStokes; March 3, 2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Just found this nice surprise. Sweet. I'd do it like the silver (top) and black (bottom) . I seem to like the lighter color on top.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

got out and did some work on the chassis today, waterblasted and then I had to scrap away 60 years of oil, dirt and the last partt was to start sanding back the chassis

Comment

Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
                                All woman think that , what I can not figure out is how they can have so many shoes
                                Been envolved with other stuff as of late.... I really hate to say it, but with my work shoes, I probably have more pairs than she does!! It's great to be married to a woman with a good grip on reality!! great progress!! hopefully we'll be warming up soon(still an inch of ice out there)!!
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X