• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
    I would have to tell her that she needed two of them
    ......... Maybe one for her and one for me
    You are getting the idea!!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I know it has been some time and I have not done anything to the Jaguar but with a new job and almost $7 an hour drop in my pay I have had to be careful in how I spend my money, any way it is time to start thinking about getting the paint off and seeing just how bad it is, and it is the right time to get my son into it, so we started off with the boot

Comment

Great to hear you're still kickin! It's always a great idea to get the kids in on it... a great learning experience as well!
        Things always seem to come up, but the projects can always take a break. It gives us a chance to use our heads and think things out a bit so we don't rush in and make the bigger mistakes! Keep the posts coming! we'll be watching!
        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Thanks,your right when I have money, I would set it up be sodablasted this way less money more sweat but it gives us ( my son and I)a chance to bond and for me that something that money can not buy

Comment

Patrick beat me to it.

Great to hear from you, even if you think the trunk lid is the "boot"! I agree that it's super excellent to get the kids into the project. My oldest daughter and I did some body work one summer for college money for her and even though she never picked up a sander again she knows the process now and no one will ever be able to rip her off in that department. Knowing how counts for a lot.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Patrick beat me to it.

Great to hear from you, even if you think the trunk lid is the "boot"! I agree that it's super excellent to get the kids into the project. My oldest daughter and I did some body work one summer for college money for her and even though she never picked up a sander again she knows the process now and no one will ever be able to rip her off in that department. Knowing how counts for a lot.

Dan
              "trunk" isnt that on a Tree, or is it something to do with junk sorry just the way Kiwis say it, as you can see it is the middle of winter over here so it is not to hot to be doing this, here are some photos of today's work

now I can start the panel beating part, I hope to get a panel stripped every week, and I am also trying to sort out a frame table we have the I beam at work I just have to sort the rest hoping it will look something like this

and at some stage soon I have to take the Black Jag over to a friends place for storage but he lives about 2 hours away and I have to use one of works trucks so that is going to take a Sunday but I will get some more room in the shed

Comment

We "Yanks" don't always speak the Queen's English, so we have a hard time understanding boots, bonnets, lorries, and whitworth threads...but we give it a shot... enjoy winter... it's a bit warm and humid here...progress looks really good! hopefully not too much rust...
                Last edited by silver_bullet; July 6, 2013, 07:27 PM.
                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  We "Yanks" don't always speak the Queen's English, so we have a hard time understanding boots, bonnets, lorries, and whitworth threads...but we give it a shot... enjoy winter... it's a bit warm and humid here...progress looks really good! hopefully not too much rust...
                  Don't worry no one understands whitworth threads
                  Last edited by bryankiwi; July 6, 2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Last week I got one of the front guards done and tomorrow I'm taking the Black Jaguar down to a friends farm for storage, with the Black car gone I can put the Camaro under cover in the shed, I hated have out in the open.

Comment

Black jag now down at a mates farm now get the frame table done, next week

Comment

I think our confusion was started by the Canadians, forerunners of Cajuns. They say "Abooooot" which means "About" but sounds like Boot, so we call it A Trunk instead of Aboot so we can avoid confusion.

Moving the I-beams should be interesting.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

update on the Jag, I did the final clean up on the first guard and sprayed the Kephos 253 on to the bear metal

cleaned out the inside of the car (full of junk, as car that sit for a while seem to get ) and put some old race seats that I had

and got started on the other guard, I was thinking about as I was stripping the paint that I like doing this, you do not know what you are going to find sort of like Xmas

so that is what has happened this weekend hopefully next weekend I will have the frametable done and I will get to put the Jag up on it and I can really get to hammer in on this project ;-)

Comment

Now I'm being a real American idiot. I mean, I really don't know this, not that I'm being a smarta$$ - is a "guard" what we call a "fender"? Looks like it from the pics. And am I correct that the Brits call it a "wing"?

Always willing to learn.

Dan

Comment

spot on my friend, we call them guards

Comment

By Jove!! I think Dan's got it!! Progress looks great Bryan!!
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X