Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody cool!

Comment

For the past three weeks or so I have been making a frame table, we had scrap steel at work and I was lucky enough to get it for free, I finish it today and got it under the Jag, I needed it to have wheels so I could move the car round in the shed, and when I'm done for the day just push it back to the wall (or tool boxes )

Comment

Frame Table

With jacks at eack corner it's a hoist (lift?)!!
        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

I would love to have a hoist in my shed, but we just do not have the money right now an will not have it until we pay the house off, so everything I do on the car has to cost very little or can be done for free, I do not mind sweat and hard work so every Sunday I do two to three hours on it,

Comment

that's quite the score on those beams.... several hundred dollars here... neat
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I know it has been some time but the Hood was from a different car and had about 10 coats of paint on it and it was very hard to get them off so I got that done last week

and then I started on the doors

so Im slowly getting it done but it is dusty work and with any luck I will have all the paint off it , and then I can start looking at the motor and gearbox

Comment

Is that a v12 block in the background?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Good eyes, but sorry to say its a six

Comment

Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
                    Good eyes, but sorry to say its a six
                    Thought so.. By the throws on the crank beside it...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Thought so.. By the throws on the crank beside it...
                      I can see the crank but not good enough to tell that kind of detail.

Is that a not-so-vertical I6? It looks as if the pan rails are square to the camera but the bores are at an angle.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

the update for this week is that I got the drivers side door striped back and some kephos on it

and before every one starts to say that it is not the drivers side, lets not forget that it is a right hand drive car, so it is opposite to most of the world :-)

Comment

kephos?

need a translation to 'merican
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Kephos 253
                            1. INTRODUCTION
                            Paint Grip 253 (previously known as Kephos 253 or Paint Grip S1006), is a non aqueous, liquid chemical used undiluted (except for dip operations) to produce a corrosion-resisting, paint-bonding coating on steel. The Paint Grip coating, when dry, protects the surface from fingerprints, rust, etc., during temporary indoor storage (usually for six months or more.)
                            Paint Grip 253 is applied at room temperature by brushing, dipping, spraying, flow coating, or roll coating. One litre of Paint Grip 253 will cover from 18-28 m2 of surface depending upon the conditions of application. Paint Grip treated work can be spot welded by most commonly used techniques.
                            Most paint finishes may be applied direct to the Paint Grip coating.
                            2. MAKE UP AND OPERATION
                            Paint Grip 253 is applied at ambient temperature with a contact time long enough to give the optimum coating weight of 2.1-2.7 g/m2.
                            Paint Grip 253 when applied by dip is diluted 1:1 with P3-Reducer 37H or P3-Reducer 50. The bath is controlled by a titration and solids check.
                            3. PROCESS SEQUENCE
                            A. Solvent degrease
                            B. Coat with Paint Grip 253
                            C. Dry
                            Note: If the work is cleaned in an aqueous medium, it must be rinsed then dried before contact with Paint Grip 253.

Comment

Kephos 253
                              1. INTRODUCTION
                              Paint Grip 253 (previously known as Kephos 253 or Paint Grip S1006), is a non aqueous, liquid chemical used undiluted (except for dip operations) to produce a corrosion-resisting, paint-bonding coating on steel. The Paint Grip coating, when dry, protects the surface from fingerprints, rust, etc., during temporary indoor storage (usually for six months or more.)
                              Paint Grip 253 is applied at room temperature by brushing, dipping, spraying, flow coating, or roll coating. One litre of Paint Grip 253 will cover from 18-28 m2 of surface depending upon the conditions of application. Paint Grip treated work can be spot welded by most commonly used techniques.
                              Most paint finishes may be applied direct to the Paint Grip coating.
                              2. MAKE UP AND OPERATION
                              Paint Grip 253 is applied at ambient temperature with a contact time long enough to give the optimum coating weight of 2.1-2.7 g/m2.
                              Paint Grip 253 when applied by dip is diluted 1:1 with P3-Reducer 37H or P3-Reducer 50. The bath is controlled by a titration and solids check.
                              3. PROCESS SEQUENCE
                              A. Solvent degrease
                              B. Coat with Paint Grip 253
                              C. Dry
                              Note: If the work is cleaned in an aqueous medium, it must be rinsed then dried before contact with Paint Grip 253.

Comment

Bryan -
                                Sounds like good stuff. Who makes it? We get lots of international brands of refinish products here and I might be able to get it if I knew the mad chemists who brew it.

In addition to DuPont, Sherwin-Williams and PPG (and other US brands) we get (or can get) Glasurit, Sikkens (our local PPG dealer just went to Sikkens/Wanda), and lot of others so it might be available.

Thanks
                                Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X