Clear All

ah.. primer...

hmmmm... seems my comments have disappeared from earlier today
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      ah.. primer...

hmmmm... seems my comments have disappeared from earlier today
      Yeah.. Hacked by skin cancer this time...

Comment

My answer disappeared as well, it's a Henkel product by the way, and may I say a dam good one

Comment

Grazzi, Bryan! Pretty sure we can get Henkels here - I'll look around.

Dan

Comment

This weeks update, I started on the back doors so this week back passengers side done and removed the drives side for next week, I got a few shots of the amount of body filler that has been put into this car,

and as always I have my supervisor looking over everything I do, I mean its just not a workshop without a dog to help out

and after a few hours of hard work I get this

Comment

I know it has some time, but about two months back I got a second job after hours and I have doing a lot hours and I have no time for the jag but the work load is not so hard now so I can get into the project car once more, so here is today's job on the car done, it is the last of the doors so now I can move onto the body, I hope to have the body done over Xmas and have on a trailer for the Kumeu hot rod show, it is one of the biggest shows in New Zealand, every year I have done something to one of my cars and last year everyone got to see the start of the project, the raw car, so this year they will see the hard work that has been done.
              Today's hard work

This is the car I had at Kumeu car show last year

Comment

now all the doors are done it is time to move on to the body, here is yesterdays work,

Comment

gettin there man!

The cat here isn't interested in the garage... I'm looking forward to getting moved so I can have a shop dog.
                  Last edited by Beagle; November 24, 2013, 11:49 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

yep you got to have a shop dog/ supervisor :-)

Comment

Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
                      yep you got to have a shop dog/ supervisor :-)
                      Yep! Nothing like twin Pits to keep you from rolling to the next chore under the car!
                      One likes to watch me saw boards with her nose a foot from the saw! Silly dog!

Comment

Great to hear you are back at it! Our new shop dog Lugnut is looking like he can't wait for winter!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Knucklehead has carpet paws and has the run of the house so we keep him pretty much out of the shop except for an occasional visit. He stays clean and I don't have to keep an eye on him.

Dan

Comment

Merry Xmas, It has been some time, but I have not being sitting on my hands, so here are a few photos of were I'm up to. The body has been taken back to bear steel now and I have started on the inside (this by the way is were most of the rust is) very dusty but I have to say the old girl is coming up good, next thing is to paint the inside black (rust killer) and then I can hang the panels and start some panel beating.

here is a pic of the dash, this will need some work.

and a pic of the rust, this is the worst bit in the car,

so hopefully in the next few days I should have some pics of the panels getting hung and the inside black and I have to make up some body mounts as well.
                            Merry Xmas and a happy new year

Comment

Actually, the car looks darn good and that's VERY little rust for an old car. Please keep us in the loop!

Merry Christmas (or do you folks celebrate it 6 months from now?).

Dan

Comment

Hi Dan, I'm very happy with how the car looks without any paint and as you it's a 60 year old car, it has very few problems. As for Xmas we celebrate it at the same time as everyone else, just down here it is the middle of summer , so it is nice to sit outside after the kids have opened their gifts and have a ice cold beer :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X