No announcement yet.

1954 MK7 Jaguar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was teasin' you about this being Christmas. Our Canadian friends (including my daughter and husband) get teased a lot because they get our Thanksgiving on the wrong day (we're on the third Thursday of November and theirs is earlier) and they celebrate the Fourth of July (our Independence Day) on July 1st. (Dominion Day, IIRC). So I pretty much tease Steph and Mike (the daughter & family) about them having EVERY holiday off by a bit.

Hope you had a wonderful Holiday.

Dan

Comment

Ok, now I know I feel very silly, I remember a old girl friend and she had come over from Sweden and she first got here she did not even know if we had electricity or if we still around in grass skirts, some people do not know a lot about the outside world, I mean we are small little island at the bottom of the world :-)

Comment

There are more than a few of us that would appreciate a break on your little island, away from the ice and snow! Merry Christmas Brian and happy new year to you and the family...BTW the jag is looking great!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
          Ok, now I know I feel very silly, I remember a old girl friend and she had come over from Sweden and she first got here she did not even know if we had electricity or if we still around in grass skirts, some people do not know a lot about the outside world, I mean we are small little island at the bottom of the world :-)
          I know your fair land is full of elves and orcs and dragons. I saw it in movies so it must be so.

Comment

OK here is the last update this year painted the inside (green ) and I have hung all the doors and so on, just getting it ready for the Kumeu Hot Rod Show, this is one of the biggest show in New Zealand and for the past 15 years I have done something to my cars or you can see how far the latest project has come along

This will show the amount of room I have to play with the first photo is the doug nash 5 speed (by the way Im looking for parts) and the next photo shows the 350 Chev and how low it sits in the engine bay, enough room for a twin turbo set up or a supercharger

and how it should look with its chrome

and the last one the shed , project cars are ever done ?

Comment

Happy New Year, Bryan! Ain't happened here yet.

Is that BRG? Looks like it in the pics but the Internet can be deceiving when it comes to colors.

Dan

Comment

NICE WORK!

we have Christmas in July - sort of like your real Christmas - but totally made up just to have a reason to party in the summer
                (as if a reason is needed)

You've come a long way on the old girl - well done!

I've never seen a sheet metal floor / seat pan like your back seat.... interesting.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

wow has it been almost a year, well here is an update on the old girl, after the car show she was kicked out of the shed, I had to paint the wifes car and put new brakes on the Camaro, so she has sat outside for most of the year, in bear metal, any way I have just got her back into the shed and under cover, a friend has given me some gt3 porsche brake rotors (6 of them in good con) for the Camaro once im done with the Wilwood stuff, so just for a joke I thought I would see if they fit, will guess what..... they did, now at least 2 of them are going to have to go on the Jag. Im also trying out GIBBS BRAND LUBRICANT, sanding it back with 240 grit and then putting the Gibbs brand ( it looks like good stuff here is the web site http://www.gibbsbrandlubricant.com/ ) and she is coming up all good.

anyway that is all for now, I have the powercruise to go to in a few weeks so I hope to have a few photos from that to shear with yaall

Comment

It's great that you're back on the Jag - LOVE that project! You must live in a desert area or the ol' boy (girl?) would have turned into dust after a year naked and outdoors.

Please keep us up to date.

Dan

Comment

• Been waiting for this brother! great to see you back on it!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• happy new year from the bottom of the world. I have been hard at work on the Jag over the past few months, the list goes something like this. I have swapped out 3 doors the boot (trunk ) and the sun roof plus gone over the car with 240g sandpaper. found a lot of the chrome and put it back on. here are a few photos, Im thinking that it can stay in bear metal and not paint it

if you would like to see more photos, please go here, http://s153.photobucket.com/user/bry...?sort=3&page=1

Comment

• Looking good, Bryan! Please keep us updated - I love this thread and this project.

Dan

Comment

• Will do, do not know if I will paint yet, but the next thing to do is the brakes and then motor and gearbox, I'm thinking 5.3 Chev and late model auto

Comment

• I have 3 ea. 250 Chevy inline sixes. Seems like a good fit for a car that came with an inline six. I can make you a deal - and I have speed parts (forged rods & pistons, etc.). Or maybe one of those pretty Toyota DOHC inline sixes? Or how about my 322 Buick nailhead? Yours for the shipping. Just not another bellybutton Chevy V-8.

Dan

Comment

• I was thinking of an in line six, we have a lot of the Nissan sixes down here, the RB motor, and sound that they make is just right for a old Brit car,
                                I will have to think about it, and thank very much for the offer

Comment

Working...
                                X