Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryankiwi
    replied
    Ok the update for today, I got the chassis out, so now I can start work on it sanding it back and so on

body with no chassis

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by hauen View Post
    Very cool project. '54 must have been a banner year for Jags to be imported into the US, every once in a while I'll see one pop up. Now if only E-types would show up like this.
    Probably wasn't imported to the USA in 1954, but most likely New Zealand after it was a used car. Jaguars imported new to the USA were lefthand drive, as were most British cars built for import to the USA. Also it seems bryankiwi is in New Zealand, not the USA.

Great project bryankiwi! Looking forward to seeing progress on the Jag! I see you've got an early 2nd gen Camaro too! We've got something in common! I've got a '71 Camaro, and a British import 1946 Austin too.
    Last edited by 1946Austin; February 26, 2012, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
    The chassis looks pretty substantial should hold up with just about any engine I would think.
    The chassis is very substantial, I would able to put a supercharged big block in there, stopping it on the other hand is a lot harder, I hope to be putting a 400 chev and 400 traz in the car so I will still need to look at a full new brake set up anyway

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    So they can walk away from our hard heads.

The Jag looks a bit like a 4 wheel drive in those pics! THERE'S a bad thought!

Dan
    I like the way you are thinking, I do have two jags , maybe I should just do one at a time

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    The chassis looks pretty substantial should hold up with just about any engine I would think.

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    So they can walk away from our hard heads.

The Jag looks a bit like a 4 wheel drive in those pics! THERE'S a bad thought!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    All woman think that , what I can not figure out is how they can have so many shoes
    Last edited by bryankiwi; February 26, 2012, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    Happy it didn't fall on your head!! Tammy thinks my head is harder than steel or concrete...

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    I had a bit of a opps I had the body slip off the jack at the start and put a hole in the old fuel tank and dropped about 3 to 4L on the floor now the place smells of old fuel . I hate that of smell I guess it will take some time for it to disappear . But it has shut the dog up so that is a good thing. She was in the shed checking out what I was doing and that I was it right as soon as the fuel hit the floor she was out there and as far away as she could be

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    Progress is good!!

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    here is the update on the two jags, the red one is the better of the two, so I will start on that one, so today I got the body up off the chassis so next week I will pull out the chassis, here are some photos of todays work.

Last edited by bryankiwi; February 25, 2012, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hauen
    replied
    Very cool project. '54 must have been a banner year for Jags to be imported into the US, every once in a while I'll see one pop up. Now if only E-types would show up like this.

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    HI yall here is the latest update on the jag, I just went out and got the other one and got it back home and I am having a good look at it and it would seem ot have a better body and frame plus this one has already had the 6 banger taking out of it so I may have to put the black one back into storage (under the house) and move over to the red one, just few photos of the red
    This photo is from the farm were they sat for a long time

back at home

sitting under the house

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    Those are beautiful cars. I hope the project includes doing something about those brakes. Awful is being polite about their effectiveness.
    Years ago I decided to teach my wife how to drive stick on my 84 4cyl 4WD Ranger that wasn't easy to drive. On the second attempt, she totally nailed the gas/clutch relationship and started from a dead stop like a seasoned pro. But once rolling she totally lost the concept of shifting gears, gas and clutch and that was the end of that.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Take your patience meds when you go to teach her.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X