Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskinhano
    replied
    I really, really like that Jag. Besides being a very elegant and classy car it's different especially from a states point of view. I love everything about it, even the right hand drive. It'd almost a shame to remove the I6, A DOHC from 54, even that is special. Looking forward to following your build.

Funny with kids. My son has no interest in cars but my daughter has claimed my 66 Mustang as hers. I guess I'm going to have to teach her how to drive a 4 speed.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Those are beautiful cars. I hope the project includes doing something about those brakes. Awful is being polite about their effectiveness.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    sweet looking project. I know what you mean about trying to get your kids into a project I can't get mine into them either I do have a two yr old grandson whom shows promies. Good luck with it.
    Last edited by pintoboy77; January 28, 2012, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    That looks like a neat project! How is the rust?

although I think I'd leave the trim off the side, itdoesn't flow like the natural lines of the car do.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    That is dead sexy!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    The Henderson LSR car uses (I think) that body style but maybe the next newer generation. Anyhow, worth a Google for inspiration. They sure are a pretty car, no question. They've had a number of engines in it including a BBC.

Back in my Buick dealer days we had a customer with a '48 Jag 4 door saloon. It was stunning. They still had clam shell fenders then. We did all the work on it as no one else in the area wanted to touch it.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• BKBridges
    replied
    Nice Project! Looking forward to updates!
    BKB

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    NICE
    Sorry to hear your Father isn't up to helping you and your kids aren't intersted (yet) maybe once you start really getting into it - they will join you.
    Those jag inlines sure are sexy - but I can only imagine how many internal organs you'd have to pawn in order to pay for rebuild parts!
    Looking forward to following along!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    swank

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    replied
    here is a photo of my Dads old Jag (Im the kid on top) and a few photos of how I would like the MK7 to turn out.

Leave a comment:

• bryankiwi
    started a topic 1954 MK7 Jaguar

1954 MK7 Jaguar

Hi there, I have my new project car at home now, it is a 1954 MK7 Jaguar . After the Camaro I was looking for a cruz car and from my child hood ( my dad had one ) came this so I looked arould and found this one and shortly after that I found one more ( photos to come). This started out a project that I had hoped my Dad would help out on and get my kids to get in on it as well but Dad is sick now and I would now want to tax him and my kids are showing no intrest , so it is up to me and may I say I am looking forward to it.
    I will be posting photos as I go so sit back and enjoy the ride, he is what I would like to do to it with the running gear, 350 (LS1) chevy OD tranz and maybe a 9" diff and a full bear steel re-build

Working...
X