Mr4Speed's 5 speed Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr4Speed's 5 speed Formula

Now that is a down right cool car!! Kinda rare, too.. especially to find it in that good of condition..

Dad had a '87 GTA 350 tuned port hard top car with an auto. That car ruled
    Old friend of mine had a '92 'Bird with a 305 5 speed and a T-roof...always wanted to make a road racer out of it.

And I love roll-up windows!!

Ax

Comment

I'm a little overdue for an update, but I've been steadily working the bugs out. I finally got the brakes working right on all four corners-stopping and not sticking. Converted the rears over to the later PBR setup with bigger rotors and aluminum calipers so it's '89-'92 spec brakes now. Did all the normal tune up stuff-the three plugs that are about impossible to get to were Autolites, the other five were AC's. Put a Dynomax cat back on it that I already had and deleted the cat-it really sounds great now. Got a set of Koni's for it-rears are on, haven't torn into the front yet. I also got a set of Ground Control camber plates and an IROC "wonderbar". Put an aluminum drive shaft in it and a new set of tires. Done quite a bit of detailing, still needs more, and picked up a perfect dash pad for it.

Finally got to go down and make a few passes with it tonight, and it's a pooch. 14.83@93 was the best I could get out of it. I'm embarrassed to admit how long it's been since I made a pass in anything, so it felt pretty good to cut an .038 light on a shallow stage on my first pass. Just like riding a bike I guess. I had a good time, and the car is still great fun to drive. Now on to making it run a little better.

Comment

That faster than my 350 tpi when it had the 700-r in it .Haven't been down the track in about two years. I need to get back, Sounds like your making great progress!

Comment

Glad to see you are making some progress....look forward to the next update
          Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Working...
          X