350 from 94 GMC p/u into 65 caddy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350 from 94 GMC p/u into 65 caddy.

Hello all. My name is Mike. This is my first time on this forum. Sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

I'm getting ready to put a 350/4L60 (?) combo out of a 94 GMC 1500 P/U, into my 65 coupe de ville. I could use any available advice as far as connecting the wiring from this engine to my old car. I pulled the motor and trans out of the truck this past weekend. In addition to the motor/trans with all accessories, I took the radiator, aux. trans cooler, computer, engine wiring harness, cruise control unit (just in case), and the A/C condensor.

My buddy helped me remove all of this and it was he who actually took the computer out. He pulled the big bundled up wiring harness that passes through the firewall and plugged into the computer, but he wasn't sure
    if we needed the other harness that also plugs into the computer and heads toward the instrument panel in the dash. If anybody has any suggestions or opinions on this swap I'm all ears....or eyes. Thanks.

Re: 350 from 94 GMC p/u into 65 caddy.

You are in the right place. Welcome aboard.

You could also post your question in the Tech Section. There are a lot of very talented people here to help you out. Sounds like a cool project. Post up some pictures if you have any.

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the reply and the welcome. This question wasn't received quite as warmly on The HAMB...lol Is there an easy way to relocate this thread to tech, or do I have to re type? I'll try cut and paste, but it doesn't work on other forums I frequent.

Comment

really should do some better heads on that engine ,the tbi engine had some low suck swirl port heads on em , have a ramp on the intake port that takes up like half the intake port.

Comment

good for towing an old cad around and throttle body is easy to use

Comment

welcome aboard!

Unless you know wiring inside and out, use an aftermarket harness to hook up to your car. They are way simpler than trying to hack an original harness, and you can get rid of the smog controls too! Howell Fuel Injection made one for me and it was simple to use ...plug everything and hook up half a dozen wires (easy!) and it'll start right up! Here is there link http://www.howellefi.com/shop/customer/home.php
            There is also Turbo City that makes a nice harness too. here is there link http://www.turbocity.com/

I have used both on a couple conversions and they worked well.

I put an '89 TBI motor in a 4x4 Blazer and it had planty of power to get the barge rolling! Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Turbo City is very close to me. I can just go there and talk to them. I took the rest of the wiring out of the truck today, just in case. Also got the A/C unit from under the dash...again, just in case. I'll probably try to adapt the A/C into the caddy just for fun.

I appreciate the info.

Comment

A/C is high side/low side , adapt with hose clamps but you have to find a way to cycle the clutch or you will end up with frozen popsicle evaporator
                turbo city has adaptors for 2 TBIs onto a TUNNEL RAM
                I wanted 2 build that in 92 when I had plenty of tbi and tunnel rams

Comment

Cherry bomb (muffler co.) put a SBC into a 65 Caddy. I dont know too much about it but maybe give some one there a call.

Comment

Working...
                  X