Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I think I found my template

I like the roof line and the drop, but I can do with out the 90's caddy tail lights, I hope you do something else for yours. Its cool to hear you found a new set of teeth! So what will your dad use for teeth in his car? I like the tubes for the vents that go all the way to the grill pre-A/C!
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
      I like the roof line and the drop, but I can do with out the 90's caddy tail lights, I hope you do something else for yours. Its cool to hear you found a new set of teeth! So what will your dad use for teeth in his car? I like the tubes for the vents that go all the way to the grill pre-A/C!
      the issue with the teeth - he has 3 1950 Buicks, all have teeth, but he wasn't willing to let loose of them or the other bits until he found his car.... this probably cost me more than what I would have paid from a vendor; but now he is willing to let loose of those parts. The list of parts I'm getting goes like this - left fender, right rear fender, both bumpers and the teeth and various other chrome bits like the front emblem
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• This car is looking to be pretty cool.

And FOUR 50s bucks!!!!

I'd be upset that you were hoarding them all, except I'm in far away Ontario.

Comment

• Originally posted by William Wilson View Post
          This car is looking to be pretty cool.

And FOUR 50s bucks!!!!

I'd be upset that you were hoarding them all, except I'm in far away Ontario.
          actually, there are 5 50s Buicks, 4 1950 Buicks, and one 1955

Comment

• enjoying watching this one come together
            Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

• some more assembly required

now I just need to learn how to do this.... time to google.

Comment

• Cool new parts. For the record, I've been interested from the start of this thread. Keep the updates coming!
                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Aaron, love the project. Man, you sure take on some great projects. Big projects, but cool.
                  Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

• Free Shipping - Taylor Cable WheelRite Wheel and Tire Fitment Tools with qualifying orders of $99. Shop Wheel and Tire Simulator Tools at Summit Racing.

We specialize in Performance Tuning Equipment - from simple and effective flash tuners and scan tools to gear for the experience EFI Tuner and Pro Mechanic. Fast and free shipping on all orders!
                    Last edited by milner351; August 15, 2013, 12:37 PM.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• so interesting - got the front bushings; and, in typical Ford incomprehensible fashion, it doesn't fit. apparently the bushings are different between the town car and the rest of the platform....

so I'm either going to buy a 25/32 or 20mm drill bit and make my own bushing out of delrin I already have; or find one and buy it (I'm going with the first, might have to run with the second).... I'll post a picture later of the different.... (insert really bad words about Ford, the people who design them, those who use their product, their mothers, and the parental heritage of all of them).

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That is a whole lot of awesome right there

Comment

(insert really bad words about Ford, the people who design them, those who use their product, their mothers, and the parental heritage of all of them).
                            I do this every time I work on both of ours. I prefer working on the RWD stuff instead of the FWD Minivan we have. I truly understand your pain.

Comment

• Its call one of "Ford's Better Ideas" For the most part GM is better at the KISS method! but I do think that ford's Fox platform is better than the 3rd / 4th gen f-body, when it comes to service and modification.
                              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                              ​​​​​​

Comment

so interesting - got the front bushings; and, in typical Ford incomprehensible fashion, it doesn't fit. apparently the bushings are different between the town car and the rest of the platform....

so I'm either going to buy a 25/32 or 20mm drill bit and make my own bushing out of delrin I already have; or find one and buy it (I'm going with the first, might have to run with the second).... I'll post a picture later of the different.... (insert really bad words about people who don't do their homework, order the wrong parts then bitch about Ford on the internet).
                                I feex.
                                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                                X