SBG's Special Buick Sledanette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    That battery "may" have gone quicker in the Skylark The 1950 Buick didn't get up to max speed, and I'm not sure what speed it got up too. I had to warranty the battery a year later
    scared the acid right out of it, huh?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
      In prep for your possible move to Cali. That VIN inspection was required on the red '62 Truck my buddy Karl assembled. (see dream... thead) I have a neighbor buddy who is a Sargent in a nearby PD. I called in a favor with him to sign the VIN form they have here. He doesn't know cars particularly but he did know there were two places with VIN plates that should match on an old Ford truck so he'd done some homework. They did and we didn't say nothin' about the engine, trans or anything else that have appeared out of place. BTW here is has to be running or you get a non-op ttilte.
      Good to know.

Comment

Hey DG is this you behind the wheel of this car??

Nice going buttercup, nothing like sending the rod out the side of the block!!!......And what's up with those engine rpm drops you were doing just before it let go??.......Ever think what you where trying to fix might have been a sign the engine was getting ready to let go........I'm sure this was not one of your finer moments.........

So tell me how pissed was the owner really........

And I'm not even going to talk about the guy standing next to the car while your doing the pull, what did he expect his motor to stay together with you behind the wheel??........
        Last edited by TC; March 21, 2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          Good to know.
          Re: California. You have to be really careful down there. Rules might have changed, since its been awhile since I had to deal with it, but as a concept of the way the rules are written, the vehicle has xx points of reference and a certain number of them must match or you won't get a title. They can and will take the car into custody if not enough match in the inspection. There is a complete section on the net someplace for the rules. If you are attempting a registration in California, it is definately something you should put on your bucket list. They also charged an additional $400 for first time California Registration unless that has changed.
          Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

A friend is giving me a 263 that will make the car a driver (I don't need no stinking brakes) - so it will be titled in my name soon.

Comment

I have the 263... apparently "soon" in SBG parlance is exactly a month.... of course, I'll have the motor in the car soon

Comment

Sounds quick to me!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

700 lbs of Buick love

this is the motor someone once said had "weak cylinder sleeves.... to quote Bugs B. Bunny "what a moroon"

Comment

700 lbs of Buick love

this is the motor someone once said had "weak cylinder sleeves.... to quote Bugs B. Bunny "what a moroon"
                    You have the wood, the motor and I have a few ideal size containers for steam and hot box. You want to really go wild and make it steam driven :-)

Comment

it's insane how stout that motor is

Comment

it's insane how stout that motor is
                        Probably purr like a kitten too.

Comment

yep, they do.... all the acceleration of a steam ship too
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 6, 2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

man, it's been 6 months and I've done nothing but stack stuff on this thing....

Comment

Unstack it, plop it in and be prepared to be mildly surprised how seat of the pants these 8 in a row really are..
                              Drove a 37 ... In hischool.. The rear did NOT like my clutch dropping skills...
                              Would not surprise me if with a good carb, cam and exhaust, these motors scoot..
                              Last edited by Deaf Bob; August 28, 2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

man, it's been 6 months and I've done nothing but stack stuff on this thing....
                                As long as its the right stuff. Go with the flow.

Comment

Working...
                                X