Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Looks like if he put it on the backside, the angle will be severe.. Plus might not be room?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Is it me or does it look like the tension - bar should be behind the bracket on the alternator - instead of in front of it? Wouldn't that make it parallel to the belt? probably doesn't make a difference - just a visual thing. Nice work on the aluminum welding - your welds are pretty enough to leave un-ground.

Leave a comment:

• AFFORDILLAC
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

Yep. Rule #1 of hot rodding. Nothing is bolt on. Nothing. Rule #2, if you can not handle rule # 1, leave your car stock or hire a pro.

True words.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    Basic rule of bangshifting, nothing fits out of the box.

Yep. Rule #1 of hot rodding. Nothing is bolt on. Nothing. Rule #2, if you can not handle rule # 1, leave your car stock or hire a pro.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    Basic rule of bangshifting, nothing fits out of the box.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Function over beauty...

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    BMW is fixed... just took a hammer

anyway, on to more important things

I've never liked how the belt tensions on this car, so I'm fixing it - also, when I replaced the water pump, it was used.... because that's what I had... time to fix both

as with all things.... it doesn't fit

so I welded an aluminum extension on it

and fixed

I had aspirations of making it flat-sided; but then I realized my belt sander needs a belt - so it's a bit more modern art than machined (used a side grinder)

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    if your serpentine belt wobbles 1/4, you have bigger problems than the the plastic tank.
    Last edited by Beagle; March 16, 2014, 05:47 AM. Reason: speeel cheching

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Doggie treadmill arrived at 6:30 (which is only about 15 minutes AFTER my Friday night guests arrived)... ugh, best laid plans. But I fixed the BMW - and I really hope that the tank isn't too close to the belt (1/4")

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    no vacuum pump, electric headlight poppers

so, in keeping with the theme of my week - I got nothing done on my C3 - but I spent plenty of timing doing it

first up, replace master cylinder with aluminum one (to save weight, and find out if I have had 3 bum master cylinders on this beast)

nope, fittings are the wrong size and NAPA doesn't carry the correct fitting - ordered

replace the bent pulley

nope, 3/4" dowel in the short water pump pulley (and the water pump pulley is what's bent) as opposed to 5/8"

So I ordered a new water pump (this is a used water pump that's leaking too) and a better way of adjusting the alternator

I could post up on all of the things I worked on and got stopped; but a list is more appropriate and saves time

press brake - where did I put those bolts? and that looks awesome, I wonder if it will turn.... damn.

BMW, where did that spring go? take car apart... it's obviously in the 5th dimension so I get to buy a new hose - which I got today, but am stuck waiting for a doggie treadmill to show up by 5....

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    commented on 's reply
    vacuum pump

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    the pan gasket doesn't leak anymore - though, the breather is letting oil out, so on to the next fix

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Have you had a chance to determine if the one piece gasket fixed the pan leak? I've had good luck with them on engines that were out of the car, but got very aggravated trying to get them to stay in place and seal well doing them under the car. Hope yours is fixed!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    leak is officially fixed....

and now on to the lights - to say these have abysmal lighting would suggest that there is any lighting - there really isn't. Because of the convoluted way GM wired these things, people are "happy" with 11 volts to the lights. Mine had 1/2 that.

so we went from no right light, to light pointing to the shoulder (handy), to this

and this

the light is actually equal, but the cheap camera... well, it's cheap. Eventually, I'm changing all this up - which brings me back to flares.... which, I'm pretty sure is coming after or during the time the Buick is getting a haircut. Did I mention my turbo motor is almost done? anyway, look for updates on that project very soon.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    hopefully, the oil leak is solved

I didn't notice last time, but it has a steel crank

once it dries, I'll clean the rest of the silicone off
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 7, 2014, 10:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X