X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    That would be a tough face not to fall in love with!
    I've been taking him to various places as often as possible - so much so, that he thinks his name is "Cute" - as in "he's so cuuuutttteeee"
    but even funnier, today, we went to Home Depot, and for the first 1/2 of the time there, he was pretty much ignored.... until a girl and her mom paid attention to him.... but prior to that, he was showing signs of being miffed that no one was paying attention to him... when he left, he was mostly prancing because of all the attention... he might as well enjoy it, once he grows the thing he'll hear most often is screams of terror. I can't wait

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    too late about the next heartbreak

why is it, my dogs get bigger? because it takes more dog to fill the paw pads of the last one

given the number of funerals I've attended recently, I think it's too late to avoid that.... last one was a 22 year old girl that was run over on Foster Road...
    That would be a tough face not to fall in love with!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Sorry for the loss of your friend. I've gone through it too many times, and the last one broke my heart too much. I finally decided I couldn't do it again, and didn't get another dog. I miss having a dog, but I just didn't want the pain of losing a close friend again.
    too late about the next heartbreak

why is it, my dogs get bigger? because it takes more dog to fill the paw pads of the last one

given the number of funerals I've attended recently, I think it's too late to avoid that.... last one was a 22 year old girl that was run over on Foster Road...
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 22, 2013, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1946Austin
    replied
    Sorry for the loss of your friend. I've gone through it too many times, and the last one broke my heart too much. I finally decided I couldn't do it again, and didn't get another dog. I miss having a dog, but I just didn't want the pain of losing a close friend again.

Leave a comment:

• yellomalibu
    replied
    Looking forward to the next phase of the Corvette.

Empathy for your loss. Cherish the good memories and move forward knowing His plan is unfolding.

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    Sorry to read about your pup , she'll always be by your side

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I'm still thinking what the paint scheme will be - I'm leaning toward a matte grey, following the idea of stealth fighter... but the ideas are still in their infancy

first step is replace the body mounts so I have a solid platform
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 19, 2013, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    I can't wait to see your work with the body kit.

How about a more racecar themed paint job? We need stripes, a couple of big gumballs just waiting for numbers. A set of Panasport or CCW wheels.

C'mon, go all in...push all the chips to the middle of the table.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    I've been searching near 40 years for another "Pepper" the first.. 7 Pits later, i still never got another close to her... Met alot of good dogs in the meantime.. The 2 I have now are lovely ladies who listen when I talk to them... Unlike humans..
    There will never be another Taz, or Ralph, or Kaden, or Rue... they're each unique.

You never listen to me either! lol
    sheesh, deaf guy says I never listen.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    I had a wise man tell me that he preferred the company of a good dog to most humans.... smart guy.

Sorry for your loss friend, dogs are as individual as we are, cherish the time spent with the good ones.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    "no eye has seen, nor ear heard of the glories the Lord has for his children" - Rue was an amazing dog because of how loyal, forgiving, and long suffering she was... to me that's a promise, that God's got something even better for when this earth is done.
    I've been searching near 40 years for another "Pepper" the first.. 7 Pits later, i still never got another close to her... Met alot of good dogs in the meantime.. The 2 I have now are lovely ladies who listen when I talk to them... Unlike humans..

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    body kit has arrived (wooohooo)

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 19, 2013, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Having been through this I know how it feels and I'm sure you have to endure it - revel in the company of the other pups, not all good intentions lead to success, sometimes life has other plans. Be at peace knowing you gave her a wonderful home for life.
    "no eye has seen, nor ear heard of the glories the Lord has for his children" - Rue was an amazing dog because of how loyal, forgiving, and long suffering she was... to me that's a promise, that God's got something even better for when this earth is done.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Having been through this I know how it feels and I'm sure you have to endure it - revel in the company of the other pups, not all good intentions lead to success, sometimes life has other plans. Be at peace knowing you gave her a wonderful home for life.

Leave a comment:

• Mater
    replied
    man that's tough hope you and are family are doing ok loosing a pet is hard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X