X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Sounds like rotator cuff stuff......wish I didn't have the experience to guess at that one.....
    look up syrinx

apparently the car/me conflict a year ago has residual effects.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    no.... simplicity - the EFI goes away and a big, knuckle dragging carb goes on top.

though I might cave and go with power steering.... there's an issue in real life which may quickly make manual steering something I can no longer do.
    I put up with questionable power steering that didn't work too good below 1500 rpm until I put in the four speed. I didn't want to fight the steering with one arm and the shifter with the other.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Sounds like rotator cuff stuff......wish I didn't have the experience to guess at that one.....

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    no.... simplicity - the EFI goes away and a big, knuckle dragging carb goes on top.

though I might cave and go with power steering.... there's an issue in real life which may quickly make manual steering something I can no longer do.

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    I like the idea of a 7 liter build, any staggered injector stacks in the future?

I remember them on the Lolas in the 70's
    Last edited by silver_bullet; December 6, 2013, 05:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    So last night, I fixed (I hope) the Corvette's leaks. I didn't fire it up because I had two dogs in my shop that looked so peaceful sleeping next to the woodstove that I figured I'd just do it later.... I must be going soft.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    427's with their shorter stroke always revved better than the longer stroke 454's. There is a reason no racing team, road or circle, built 454's, ever.
    there are people IRL who keep giving me grief about not going to a 496 - figured there might be question on the interweb too.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    427's with their shorter stroke always revved better than the longer stroke 454's. There is a reason no racing team, road or circle, built 454's, ever.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    like your plan.. would a 396 be better with smaller pistons?
    427 gets me bigger valves and better flow.... plus, it's a lot easier to find 427/454 blocks than 396 blocks.

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    Portland has snow, we have sunny, blue skies (dammit)

about the motor. I'm not building anything bigger than a 427 stroke motor (3.76). I've done this - where I've built the largest motor I can, and it becomes undriveable because it's way more than the rest of the car can handle (a 1967 Camaro with a 454). Back in the day, the 302 Camaros were far faster than the BB Camaros on the track (the one with corners). I don't need a bunch of torque. I need a wide power band. Longevity comes from light parts, longer stroke does not make for light parts. Thus, short stroke, short piston, light rods, lightened crank and a powerband from 3200 to 8000 rpm will do nicely.
    like your plan.. would a 396 be better with smaller pistons?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Portland has snow, we have sunny, blue skies (dammit)

about the motor. I'm not building anything bigger than a 427 stroke motor (3.76). I've done this - where I've built the largest motor I can, and it becomes undriveable because it's way more than the rest of the car can handle (a 1967 Camaro with a 454). Back in the day, the 302 Camaros were far faster than the BB Camaros on the track (the one with corners). I don't need a bunch of torque. I need a wide power band. Longevity comes from light parts, longer stroke does not make for light parts. Thus, short stroke, short piston, light rods, lightened crank and a powerband from 3200 to 8000 rpm will do nicely.

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    is it bad that after reading updates that I look on e bay at c3's

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    I can tell you the LS3 all aluminum 427 is 550 lbs shipping weight. Our aluminum headed 540 bbc BluePrint's block is 615.
    and an all alum bbc 540cid or bigger.. 500lb +-20lb

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    and it's back together

I'll drive it today and see what's what
    With studs? ... U got snow too?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    and it's back together