• Deaf Bob
    replied
    U gonna Vette, slide or mud tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Time for peer review....

it works

so I had trouble getting disengagement, so I moved the pivot point in towards the transmission.... success.... or is it?

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Saturday all nighter!
    Done that too many times to count!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Aren't bleeders always oposite sides of the inlet?
    it would be easy enough to switch, but it bleeds just fine when you run the tube up to the reservoir

and to be honest, I didn't even think about it - I was in such a rush.... ah well, that does give me a good starting point if I can't get it to work tomorrow night

I really want to race, and I was pretty disappointed when I realized I couldn't get the arm in from the outside. I managed to pull and reinstall the trans and bellhousing in 1 1/2 hours
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 15, 2013, 10:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yellomalibu
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Before I wacked my elbow, I was wondering about the bleeder being on the bottom. I thought bleeders were always on top because air and bubbles float to the top.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied

Leave a comment:

• yellomalibu
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I need to paint it... but it's in

and bleeding

Is that a bleeder on the bottom of the hydraulic ...aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just hit my funny bone....

ouch, grunt, groan...

nevermind

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    Living the life, SBG, just living the life.
    it wouldn't be racing if the car was ready 24 hours before it's supposed to hit the track....

to save explanation, I'm a SDA - means I don't work on my cars on Sabbath.... I say that to give context to the next stuff

I was rushing to get done before sundown, and I think I did.... but I didn't get it off the lift, nor did I get to drive it.... nothing like suspense.....

I did get the parts today, however, at 10:30 (woohoo Summit!)

Last night, I worked on my truck and put the brake controller in - does my trailer have brakes? yes. Do the work? no. Does the brake controller work? why bother if the brakes don't work... but at least the controller is in the truck

so after removing the transmission again.... and putting the fork in (I did verify that I could get a fork in.... but as I didn't have this fork; I guessed I'd be able to get it in... no)

and putting it back together

I need to paint it... but it's in

and bleeding

it's in... tomorrow night, after sundown (4:30), I'll get back onto finding out whether I'm racing the C3 or the 325.... if the C3, then I need to unload, and hookup my trailer.... that will take some time since it has press-brake parts on it.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    Living the life, SBG, just living the life.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    If it works out, it'll be glorious because it's supposed to be really nice on Sunday (colder than a witch's toenail).
    If not, I also could go out 4 wheeling up to a closed-to-the-public-road to see a ghost town

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    blowing deadlines is my specialty. Lemme know if you need some help. I feel like one of Freiburger's deals this week. Have everything you need to finish? Not so fast Sparky. That's the wrong head gasket (recovery, not ideal, but I have other compression stealing head gaskets). Got that solved? Not so fast. Those are the wrong rockers for that cam (recovery, but those aren't the rockers you really want to use) Under control now? Congratulations, you just put it back together almost stock and killed the whole original premise.

Summit has been very good to me over the years. They sent the exact stuff I ordered, even when it wasn't what I really meant to order. Hope it works out!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    I second the vote for wall-bugger-flicking.
    that may be all there is if Summit doesn't get the parts shipped.... I love living on the edge, it's so peaceful

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    I second the vote for wall-bugger-flicking.

Leave a comment:

• 68scott385
    replied
    stick the GoPro on the dash, before you dash, and post the vid...easy peasy, satisfied audience

your public following deserves it...

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    video of....?

and it may not, the speedway order isn't going to be here today. I'd swear I hit the order button, but alas, no order. So I bought the same parts from Summit; however, the most important bit is coming from Ohio.... this should be close.
    Video of you flicking boogers at the wall...The car on a track you silly lawyerman...

bummer about the parts...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X