• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
    Video, or it didnt happen!
    video of....?

and it may not, the speedway order isn't going to be here today. I'd swear I hit the order button, but alas, no order. So I bought the same parts from Summit; however, the most important bit is coming from Ohio.... this should be close.

Leave a comment:

• JOES66FURY
    replied
    Video, or it didnt happen!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Well, not a lot to update. I did a bunch of little things - now I'm only waiting for the slave cylinder.
    Finished the rear

Also finished up inside.

I fixed the O2 sensor. In looking at my O2 sensor, I could see where it had rubbed on the frame. On a hunch, I bought a new one and installed it..... much joy was found.

I also have my helmet

Hopefully, I can drive it on Friday to rattle the rest out but it looks like it's going to happen (oh yeah, there's a jinx) on Sunday

If that's the case, Friday, after driving it, I'll get my trailer out (it's buried), unload it - then load all the stuff for Sunday's adventures (tools, jack, air compressor, portable shelter....)

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    well, keeping to the schedule
    transmission is back in

next problem - rear sway bar, bent arm

repaired

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Even more better!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Better get 'em on, that way you won't need them.
    if I do, I'll have gopro of it.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Better get 'em on, that way you won't need them.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    Oooo goody...... a thrash episode followed by a track day on a new setup.

Driving the Corvette to the track?
    no way - if I drove it to the track, I'd run at 90% because I hate riding in tow trucks. I'm trailering it, so I can haul it home broke if necessary

oh yeah, I forgot, I need to install the tow hooks
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 12, 2013, 01:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Oooo goody...... a thrash episode followed by a track day on a new setup.

Driving the Corvette to the track?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    that's what I was going to suggest - go with an external slave cylinder - given the side pipes you should have lots of room - are you replacing the clutch disc? (spoiled by brake fluid?)
    I pulled the pressure plate, the clutch disk is fine, no hot spots and no soaking

cross your fingers - Thursday is make or break day

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    that's what I was going to suggest - go with an external slave cylinder - given the side pipes you should have lots of room - are you replacing the clutch disc? (spoiled by brake fluid?)

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    the GM is a Push fork? Make a bracket for the transmission or bolt to bell and use a pull cylinder?

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Pull-Type-Slave-Cylinder,7169.html

35.00 ?

Teddyzee has a good rear mount (his is push, but still) design on his T5 setup.
    I ordered the push version of that..there's tons of room in front of the transmission, but little room behind the arm. Crossing my fingers that it does get here on Thursday - otherwise no race on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    the GM is a Push fork? Make a bracket for the transmission or bolt to bell and use a pull cylinder?

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedway-Pull-Type-Slave-Cylinder,7169.html

35.00 ?

Teddyzee has a good rear mount (his is push, but still) design on his T5 setup.
    Last edited by Beagle; November 12, 2013, 05:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheSilverBuick
    replied
    In all fairness, I've had the same cam since summer 2011 =P

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    I didn't go into to this lightly or without thought. I have a studded 350 four bolt in my car now that I could buy forged bottom end parts. With the billet splayed main caps and the short fill, these will hold for what I want power and boost wise. I am not going for 1000 hp and 20 lbs of boost by any means.
    here's where I am on my Buick build - I'm sleeving the bores, as opposed to boring the motor so that I have a better foundation for the boost I want to run. I did a lot of number crunching and found the hp level I wanted at the RPMs I was willing to run with a 430 ci Buick.....

The guy I bought the motor from was master of the junkyard turbo - at the time I bought the motor, he was running a 350 with a john deere turbo in a mid-60s chevrolet truck. As I told you before, he was selling the 400 because he couldn't keep them together at 16 psi, he kept blowing head gaskets. I figured, wrongly, that since I wasn't going to be more than 6-7 psi it wouldn't be a problem.

That said, it wasn't the boost - it was one cylinder getting lean from a vacuum leak on the intake that caused the destruction. Boost didn't destroy the motor, it merely accelerated and increased the destruction.... that said, the forged rods, 6 forged pistons, and the rest of the ARP stuff I put in the bottom end look pristine. After all, it might have had 1000 miles on it. I wish I had known you were looking for 400 parts, I have a 2 bolt block and quite a bit of 400 stuff (SFI damper for example)...

Only reason I posted up a picture now - I needed the pan off the motor and had never posted pictures of the block... figured it'd be a two-birds, one-stone kind of deal.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 11, 2013, 09:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X