Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    15 city, 18 highway is crap....
    Wow. Seriously, my 2006 1-ton 12 passenger 6800# 6.0 LS powered chevy van does 14-16 highway with 6 people and a decent load, and drops to 11-12 with a 4000# trailer and same load inside. This is with 3.73 gears.

You really made me feel better this morning, thanks!

And by the way, this was waiting outside work this morning when I arrived. Customer car.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• It's a sign, Stiney, you need that in your barn
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I could make/find room for that, sure. Worst case the cure is an engine swap away, right?
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          I started with this in March

and I have this today
          Looks great,and you have a red Corvette...im surpriced about that,cause i didnt think i liked them that well...lowering and those wheels,did good.Cant wait to see you out on a track SBG

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
            I could make/find room for that, sure. Worst case the cure is an engine swap away, right?
            actually, worst case is a vortec head swap with a cam change (and obligatory headers). Vortecs are 64 cc the heads on the car are 78 cc (IIRC in both cases)
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 22, 2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
              Looks great,and you have a red Corvette...im surpriced about that,cause i didnt think i liked them that well...lowering and those wheels,did good.Cant wait to see you out on a track SBG
              nope, I didn't want red... it is darker then the picture by a couple shades; and I'm waiting for the paint chips from Summit to be able to take a picture and send it back to Summit to try to the right color - it's like they swapped the black tint and/or used the wrong red recipe.... but who knows.... I'm either going to leave it alone and race it this way; or when I clear the car put some black in the clear to tint it darker; or repaint it....

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                I could make/find room for that, sure. Worst case the cure is an engine swap away, right?
                Find one with a bad engine and put a big caddy engine in it

Comment

• You shouldnt worry about the colour too much,cause it looks great already..it looks low in the rear on the pic,and i like that..gives it some italian 70ies super car looks...you should get it out on a tracks soon,and let someone take pics of you going hard into a turn ..you need to worry about grip,and forget that paint for awhile..150mph and going 4 wheel drifting,should take care of that

Comment

• Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                    Find one with a bad engine and put a big caddy engine in it
                    FWIW if asked, I wouldn't deny considering putting an "11" CTS turbo motor in the Corvette.... how do I word this.... like this: According to calculations from people who know, the 3.6l vvt motor is capable of supporting 25 psi boost and 900 hp.

anyway, for those who take me far too seriously - that above consideration is merely speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                      You shouldnt worry about the colour too much,cause it looks great already..it looks low in the rear on the pic,and i like that..gives it some italian 70ies super car looks...you should get it out on a tracks soon,and let someone take pics of you going hard into a turn ..you need to worry about grip,and forget that paint for awhile..150mph and going 4 wheel drifting,should take care of that
                      yep, there is that - and being seen on a racetrack has its advantages (along with a paint job that's only attribute is it makes the car one color).... I had to raise the rear 1" - at that level (the picture) the rear wheels had -3* camber, which is awesome for corners; but to say it gets interesting on the road would be a bit of an understatement. I was blowing along on my road (there is the possibility that I was breaking the speedlimit by a multiple of 4), and it has some little rise/drops. when the suspension decompresses at -3* the car's tail wags.... and not in a good way, and certainly enough to get your attention and cause some pretty major cheek clenching.
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 22, 2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• So it's red...leave it alone. Notwithstanding the views of the anti-red lobby it looks 1000% better. And once the track time begins in earnest there's sure to be an excuse to lay on some more paint eventually.
                        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                          So it's red...leave it alone. Notwithstanding the views of the anti-red lobby it looks 1000% better. And once the track time begins in earnest there's sure to be an excuse to lay on some more paint eventually.
                          I figure there I can swap out a few chips from the cars that get too close in order to decide on the next color

Comment

• so I got my car back from the witch doctor - he fixed the rods and things to make the doors open with the handles... pretty cool, and yes, he's a witch doctor because there is no way, save using supernatural powers, to get the bolt off the back of the door handle (ask any corvette owner who's had to take it off.... it's magic)

so as I have it home, I figured I'd first install the rubber wipers on the doors.

uhh Houston, we have a problem.... unless my vette is an extra special one with two right doors; those won't work.... what's especially irritating is I mistakenly ordered 2 sets of outsides (rather then a set of inside and outside) and I dropped my spare set off at the Corvette shop in part trade for the work he did.... D'OH

there are days when having a lift really doesn't work out as well as you imagine

after two repositions which included getting jack stands out... we have success

I will have to be creative getting the car off the lift, now the car will not be resting on its wheels when the lift is on the ground... ah well, a problem for tomorrow...
                            still, I really like the sidepipes - thanks all for suggesting them

Comment

• 2x12's
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• How high do those wheel jack dollies lift? Would they give you the height that you need to get it on and off the lift?

Love the side pipes! It might just be the angle but it looks like it might look better if the pinch weld was painted black.
                                Last edited by Russell; August 24, 2012, 06:42 AM.
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X