• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    but for a carb base gasket, I'd be done
    Someone actually uses that gasket?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    the combination plastic/silicone intake gasket didn't handle sneezes well....

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Old intake must be bad? Or a combo of stuff?
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; August 15, 2013, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    this car runs sooooo much better! it fixed all its problems (woohoo)...

Leave a comment:

• Whelk
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    so, since the Sledanette is awaiting parts, and no one seems interested in it...
    Watching the Sedanette thread closely. I'm learning a lot that I hope to apply to my DeSoto, especially the suspension work.

Leave a comment:

• Admirall2
    replied
    I truly love the airbox you fabbed up. Wish I had the space to learn metalworking.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    but for a carb base gasket, I'd be done

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I think it's the same height - I closed the hood with the fuel injection setting on the manifold and it didn't hit; nor did it hit when I pushed down in the center of the scoop; so I think it's good-to-go (yeah, highly scientific method, eh?)

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    how's the hood clearance with the air gap manifold?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Admirall2 View Post
    It is amazing what happens when you remove about 8lbs of lead from your right foot. Sounds about right for driving it like you stole it.
    either that or a car that's developing a severe vacuum leak. Of course, that would require reading the prior post about the blown intake gaskets (along with accompanying photos)...

about the only thing I can figure with those gaskets is it backfired while the throttle blades were closed... ah well, live and learn.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 14, 2013, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    answering the challenge of every revved up Prius in Seattle WA!

7 ? Holy shit. Seven. Yeah, I'm kinda with Admirall2 there... that thing on the right is not an on/off switch!! haha. Enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Admirall2
    replied
    It is amazing what happens when you remove about 8lbs of lead from your right foot. Sounds about right for driving it like you stole it.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I've been driving the wheels off the Corvette - so no worries about that, it's getting something like 7 mpg so it does like its gas

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    attention whore. How's the Fiat?

gasahol sucks. I've been finding gummy bears in float bowls of carbs for anything with over 6 month old gas in it.
    Last edited by Beagle; August 14, 2013, 04:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• yellomalibu
    replied
    Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

Very interested in it, just don't feel a need to post every time I view the thread, besides, you shot down my hydraulics suggestion.
    What he said. :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X