1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipes look killer!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• ^^^YES!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
        How high do those wheel jack dollies lift? Would they give you the height that you need to get it on and off the lift?

Love the side pipes! It might just be the angle but it looks like it might look better if the pinch weld was painted black.
        there's an aluminum strip that covers that area, although, I might paint it grey too...

and yes, 2x12 blocks under the wheels, then drive off them
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Not a fan of sidepipes... But these look sweet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Not a fan of sidepipes... But these look sweet!
            really, I'm not either, but because racecar it's all good
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 24, 2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Don't like sidepipes?! Some people have no taste. haha.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• dude - because racecar

Comment

• Sidepipes on Vans and Corvettes = just right ! . Pinch weld painted black , no because it will look like too much of a gap between the pipes and the rocker panels IMO .

Comment

• i like side pipes! How about a video so we can hear the new pipes!
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Paint 'em any color you want, just post the video with sound! Sidepipes are way UNDERRATED!
                      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
                        i like side pipes! How about a video so we can hear the new pipes!
                        Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                        Paint 'em any color you want, just post the video with sound! Sidepipes are way UNDERRATED!
                        will do... doesn't run yet, I have to pull it back apart to finish cutting the body (so it clears the pipe - oh and to hear the chalk and mark folks scream)

Sunday... I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          will do... doesn't run yet, I have to pull it back apart to finish cutting the body (so it clears the pipe - oh and to hear the chalk and mark folks scream)

Sunday... I hope.
                          Of course you may have to accept the consequences...you're way out in front of HRM, Car Craft, PHR etc. But loyal BS subscribers are with you.
                          Last edited by mlcraven; August 24, 2012, 09:10 PM.
                          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Is there a baffle in those pipes, or is it just one long collector with a turn out at the end? I'm sure it would sound good either way, just one way would be trouble on the streets if the police are picky.

Man... having a corvette just gained a spot or two on my list of things to do, because I must have sidepipes on something, some day.
                            Last edited by yellomalibu; August 24, 2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure about being in front of, they have good content and I think they do a good job of balancing the realities of magazine sales. And I subscribe to all of them, so much of what I copy comes from them.... that makes me a follower, not a leader.

number 3 or 4 on my list of things to do on Sunday is build baffles for it - still not sure on the design, I've got two rattling around in my head. Either a) a 3" pipe with a 4 to 3" funnel at the inlet, and baffles at 30* with the flow of the exhaust that cover half the diameter (1 1/2") on top and on the bottom then wrap it with header tape... something in the 24" range with 3 baffles 8" apart.... the benefit would be cooler exterior on the pipe (1st degree burns rather then 3rd degree).
                              Or, a device that looks like a post hole digger, but with divided spirals (each is 180*)... maybe 4 spirals over 24".... with a 1" or 1 1/2" hollow "post" in the middle. the idea being create a buffer of air around the inner pipe to reduce the dbs but not reduce the amount that can flow through to less than the diameter of each header tube... thus, in theory, free flowing.
                              I may actually make both and see what happens - there's interest in these so I might make enough to pay for materials from selling them to the other 3 Corvette owners with Hooker sidepipes

In any case, i have to start it with the tubes empty because I have to heat cycle the exhaust 3x to set the coating.... that is where the video will happen.

And I do think that eventually these Corvettes will have the same kind of rabid chalk guys as the C2 gen has now. So it kind of pays to get them at the bottom of the market.
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 24, 2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• You think the Bloomington Gold crowd cares what happens to a '75 Vette? Cut away my friend.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X