X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Look Judge, I was the guy on the stump... just sittin there lickin my privates, and here comes this hoon threatening my territory ?
    Mustang owners seem to do that a lot - why is that?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Look Judge, I was the guy on the stump... just sittin there lickin my privates, and here comes this hoon threatening my territory ?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Like gorillas running and thumping their chests?
    Indeed

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    Posturing C3 owners? I had this in mind:

Just kidding... and remember, it's a fool who has himself for a client. It's still expensive to get clawed balls.
    I've actually done pretty well at defending myself the Court feels claw marks at lightness to one's brief, and a bit of levity to an otherwise dry pleading.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Posturing C3 owners? I had this in mind:

Just kidding... and remember, it's a fool who has himself for a client. It's still expensive to get clawed balls.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    weeeeeeee
    I raced up to catch up to him; then basically made an a$$ of myself - racing motor, swerving - you know, things adult males do to demonstrate how grownup they are.

sidepipes.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    Hooning.........

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    weeeeeeee
    there is little that cannot be fixed with sidepipes

case in point. I was out blowing the cobwebs off my C3, and a friend of mine (the one with the GT Mustang) drove in front of me at a light. once the person got out of my way (so I could turn) I raced up to catch up to him; then basically made an a$$ of myself - racing motor, swerving - you know, things adult males do to demonstrate how grownup they are.

So his C3 was sitting forlorn in his shop waiting for him to put a brake hose on it.... apparently my shenanigans inspired him to fix his car.... all because of sidepipes.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    I love watching two old men shout at each other

anyway, back to the reason for the shouting
    I got the replacement gauge from EZ EFI.... I don't trust it - I put an American (allegedly because I found a label inside that said made in Taiwan... probably the label was made in taiwan, but who knows)

so I finally got around to messing with this. I disconnected the vacuum line from the carb base - then hard wired this in....

and it does operate the lights. So now I'll have to get serious about wiring it. The 75 has a vacuum tank/bumper in front of the radiator; so I figure put another fitting on the tank - then connect this to it. Put a one-way valve on the carb base - and I'll be in bidness probably won't solve the brake booster issue; but being able to raise and lower my lights without the engine running will be pretty cool IMO

and I finally put this on - the car gets a tad warm, so this should cool it down. I also found that the radiator hose is just high enough to air lock - so I'll put a valve on the upper tube..

so basically a little of nothing for projects tonight - but at least it's a bit more done
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 24, 2013, 08:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I said I don't see old guys being sound guys very often because they are already DEAF as a result of their careers...

oh wait - I don't guess they are blind too.

25 years of computer fans have done ugly things to my hearing. I have no explanation for the rest of my behavior.
    Last edited by Beagle; June 24, 2013, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    HUH...

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    you don't usually see that many people doing "sound" at 74 - most of them who've been music industry types have completely fried their hearing by 50.
    Last edited by Beagle; June 24, 2013, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I think you're just making it up about draconian noise rules
    Just an aside...while a friend and I were touring with the SCCA volunteer recruiting chief, we got to the "sound" team, all set up with their meter. Average age of that "discipline" ...74.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied

what are you saying, Bob? I bet they did that to help them with their aero..... no adding pressure under the wing, and helping the car turn left (after all, Porsche drivers have trouble with left turns)

also, wouldn't moving the exhaust keep from getting heat waves in front of that camera?

I think you're just making it up about draconian noise rules
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; June 24, 2013, 06:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    I'd have no problem telling it to those guys. But they know it.

Those are probably Laguna Seca setups where folks cobble together a muffler system to meet the draconian sound level limits. Do you really think those cobbled up messes are normal?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X