Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    oh I missed that I was thinking they always where not up to your standards. So the lower vac screwed up the power assist and you have not got it to feel / stop right? I am no help at all... *sit back and let the experts figure it out*

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Did they ever inspire you? are they worse now than they were before?
    yes, to both questions

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    maybe - however, it worked before, just intermittently (poor booster vacuum)

These are roughly the same size as stock, just better materials and no leaks...
    Did they ever inspire you? are they worse now than they were before?

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    If you jab them very quick (as opposed to just pushing hard on them) do they improve?

I have a car that has awesome brakes....IF you jab it quick (not hard) like in a panic stop.

For normal braking, it is uninspiring (like you describe) but JABBED they are excellent.

I haven't figured it out yet, but your issue reminds me of it a lot.
    the balancer is killing you - replace it, or drill a hole through and balance by using dissimilar sized master cylinders and your problem is solved.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    If you jab them very quick (as opposed to just pushing hard on them) do they improve?

I have a car that has awesome brakes....IF you jab it quick (not hard) like in a panic stop.

For normal braking, it is uninspiring (like you describe) but JABBED they are excellent.

I haven't figured it out yet, but your issue reminds me of it a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X