1975 Plastic fantastic aka Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah.....I see it now, thanks!

Those headers look really cool in that last picture.

What did the rusty/dusty brownish crap on the drivers seat fall out of? I'm guessing bottom of the console?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Wow - you're making me feel better about my own project creep.

If my memory serves me right - you got this thing as a quick flip money maker, and it's rapidly turned into a corner carving freshly painted side piped FAST EFI'D four speed equipped track and street terror - oh - and the factory tach might work too.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
        Ah.....I see it now, thanks!

Those headers look really cool in that last picture.

What did the rusty/dusty brownish crap on the drivers seat fall out of? I'm guessing bottom of the console?
        that's why I needed to change the automatic out - the gear shift has a bit of rust on it.... now you can clearly see how badly it was rusted the birdcage floor is fiberglass, so no rust there

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Wow - you're making me feel better about my own project creep.

If my memory serves me right - you got this thing as a quick flip money maker, and it's rapidly turned into a corner carving freshly painted side piped FAST EFI'D four speed equipped track and street terror - oh - and the factory tach might work too.
        Your memory is correct, yet I did caveat that if I sold the Buick that this would stay around for awhile.

and there really is method to my madness, the Corvette is a learning curve on making a car handle. I made the Buick handle as well as it could possibly go with its stock-mounted suspension (the guy who bought it remarked yesterday at how amazing it handles - so I figure that's success)... all of this leads to the Spider, I realize now that I need to fix one thing on the front suspension - the T-bolts for the upper control arm - and the rear suspension will be changed to IRS... yeah, project creep.... but I can live with myself

sad part of all of this is I may be a victim of my own success. Two friends (and counting) have bought C3s because of how well this one handles with just basic tweaks.... and trust me, there's quite a tweak coming in the near future to the rear.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 9, 2012, 08:11 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• please 'splain this T bolt situation - I may have to do the same thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            please 'splain this T bolt situation - I may have to do the same thing?
            I've been having trouble even in my shop moving the car around with the upper control arms moving out of adjustment. The t-bolts are supposed to dig into the underside of the spring mount and hold the upper arm in place.... the fix is simply use an angle welded to the top of the spring mount to hold the a-arm (like GM and everyone now does). I'll post up when I do that, but it will be awhile before I get back to that point.

Comment

• Didn't get much done tonight - have to load up to go to Spokane tomorrow - but got the hole cut
              surfaced the flywheel - I got lucky because it's a steel that I got basically for free

Comment

• Do you have some glass work to do on that tunnel? How stiff is it with all the slices?
                I'm still learning

Comment

• that's metal, if anything I'll put a copper spoon on the back and tack them together then give it a coat of something or another to fill the spaces (probably dynamat or similar).

it is stiff enough that I could screw the boot down and call it good - however, it'd leak; and I hate fumes (laughing while I say that because with sidepipes - sitting too long at a stoplight could result in asphyxiation.)
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; October 10, 2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    it is stiff enough that I could screw the boot down and call it good - however, it'd leak; and I hate fumes (laughing while I say that because with sidepipes - sitting too long at a stoplight could result in asphyxiation.)
                    All the chicks dig a man who wears Eau-de-uncatalized fuel fragrance.
                    Last edited by STINEY; October 11, 2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                      All the chicks dig a man who wears Eau-de-uncatalized fuel fragrance.
                      ya know... now that I'm married; I don't care what chicks think. My wife isn't a chick, she's my wife

and

listening to my wife scream in the passenger seat is entertaining only the first time.

Comment

• I'm with you, but it just didn't sound right - - all the wives dig a man who wears....... seemed like somewhere I just don't need to go?

Images of wife screaming in passenger seat takes me back to memories of childbirth. My childrens' birth, not my own.
                        Last edited by STINEY; October 11, 2012, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• my UPS (Amazon) girl brought me presents

these were an amazing deal - $230 to my door with brackets - I was concerned about the quality... these are nice; now I can stay in my seat, use my harness, and sell my original, black, unripped seats for a lot more than what I paid for these

and the piece de resistance (I always wonder at that phrase, it means dessert but translates to something to make you slower)

to the whys:
                          1) they are a site sponsor
                          2) I don't need a custom system
                          3) with Summit's price matching, this system costs about the same as piecing one together
                          4) I have the megasquirt for the Spider so I'm equal opportunity in my buying

I am a bit disappointed, I thought I was getting braided SS lines with the system - nope; so I'll probably upgrade that.... so off to work to pay for this

Comment

• Tell us more about the seats please....

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I am interested in hearing how well one of those self contained throttle body with injectors works on the street.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X